image-3900770167.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 116
  • image-296549290.jpg
    image-296549290.jpg
    48.4 KB · Views: 131

growbaby

Cattypus1 said:
What do you do with the ends?

I posted a detailed discription of the products I use in the page before this, but as for the ends do u mean pre or post take down?
Pre: I just pin them to my head, I'm gonna invest in some rollers soon and put my ends on those
Post: I just let Em hang out lol, unless I'm in one of my over protective moods then I pin them in some sort of bun or updo. :yep:

Cattypus1

All loced up...
Okay, ladies. I need some help. I love twist-outs but I have never found a real solution for what to do with my ends. I want the ends to have the same shape as the rest of the strand. I don't really want a curl and I hate, hate, hate the ends straight. Does anyone have any ideas other than flat twisting my hair in one continuous twist around my head?

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I think I have the answer to the ends problem with my twist-outs--straws! Drinking straws! Cut to about the length of a large bobby pin. Wrap the ends in a spiral around the straw and secure with the bobby pin. You end up with a uniform corkscrew curl at the end of the twists. Soooooooooooo much better than the bone straight ends at the end of the twists.

sunnieb

I think I have the answer to the ends problem with my twist-outs--straws! Drinking straws! Cut to about the length of a large bobby pin. Wrap the ends in a spiral around the straw and secure with the bobby pin. You end up with a uniform corkscrew curl at the end of the twists. Soooooooooooo much better than the bone straight ends at the end of the twists.

I'm trying this tomorrow!!! :grin:

LaurenMechelle

I haven't mastered the twist-out yet, but here are my braid-out & bantu knot results on BSL relaxed hair:

I use a 50/50 mixture of gel & conditioner to cornrow my hair while soaking wet, then sleep on it overnight with curlformers on the ends.

I let my hair airdry for 1-2 hours, then put it up in bantu knots & sleep on it overnight.

I blowdry my hair until it's 70% dry, then put it up into bantu knots without twisting the hair - more like wrapping it around itself, then sleep on it overnight.

I started with dirty, blowdried hair, then spritzed it with water to get it slightly (SLIGHTLY) damp. Then put it up in bantu knots, and dried under a bonnet dryer for 45 minutes. After they fully cooled, I took them out & finger combed.​

Cattypus1

All loced up...
I haven't mastered the twist-out yet, but here are my braid-out & bantu knot results on BSL relaxed hair: I use a 50/50 mixture of gel & conditioner to cornrow my hair while soaking wet, then sleep on it overnight with curlformers on the ends. I let my hair airdry for 1-2 hours, then put it up in bantu knots & sleep on it overnight. I blowdry my hair until it's 70% dry, then put it up into bantu knots without twisting the hair - more like wrapping it around itself, then sleep on it overnight. I started with dirty, blowdried hair, then spritzed it with water to get it slightly (SLIGHTLY) damp. Then put it up in bantu knots, and dried under a bonnet dryer for 45 minutes. After they fully cooled, I took them out & finger combed.
You are just a cutie-patutie! I'm am going to be trying all of these. Thanks for providing the pics and tips!

LaurenMechelle

LaurenMechelle what products do you use!? Your hair is gorg!
Thanks!

For these styles, I used Fructis curl-sculpting cream gel when I did curlformers, and either Fructis extra strong curl scrunch gel or extra strong shake effect gel mixed in a 50/50 solution with conditioner for the braidout.

Just in general:

Weekly I wash with:
Carol's Daughter Monoi Shampoo
MoroccanOil Moisture Repair Conditioner

Then blowdry/straighten with:
MoroccanOil
Garnier Fructis Blowdry Perfector

Monthly I relax with Dr. Miracle's Relaxer (Regular), then DC with Garnier Fructis 3 Minute Undo, then wash/blowdry/straighten as usual. I use a 2000 watt blowdry w/nozzle & round brushes to blowdry.

Hope that helps!