Relax or Press every 3 Weeks?!

AliMarie

I don't mean is it better to relax your hair or to press in general, I am talking these specifics! Here are the oprions:

1. Relax every 10-12 weeks, with weekly airdrying or blowdry (depends on mood and time I have), followed by flatiron or steam/hot rollers (depends on mood and time I have)

or

2. Go to the salon for a press every 3 weeks, on the other weeks blowdry and flatiron myself. If I go this route, keeping the heat off of my hair is only a option in the summer when I wear it curly or in a ponytail all day everyday because it's hot and I like to swim.

I like to wear my hair staright the majority of the time, it just looks better on me and fits my personality. My relaxed hair is very healthy and thick but I HATE the fragile, limp state it is in when its wet.... my natural wet hair just seemed stronger and I was more likely to do a condition wash then ponytail in the summer.

My natural hair was healthy too but often in the winter and when I do it myself, no flatiron in the world helps my fuzzy edges!

Advice please! You wonderful ladies always steer me in the right direction!