Relax hair in two seperate days

NYDee

I'm planning to relax my hair myself on Saturday. I have 3 months worth of growth and my hair is quite resistant (or could just be the relaxers I have used). The issue is I'm slow, from past experience I find that I tend to under process the middle. With the amount of new growth I'm worried I will not be able to get everything relaxed on time. I'm thinking of relaxing half of it on Saturday and relax the rest on Sunday. The only thing I'm not sure of is what if water and shampoo get on the other side; does that mean I have to wait at least three or more days to relax the other side? Please share your experience and relaxer you have used if you have resistant hair like mine.

I'm also thinking of texlaxing (70% straight) but I'm not sure how to do it correctly. Thanks.

Spring

:) As long as the section you're getting ready to relax is completely dry and you haven't manipulated your scalp in a way that would cause burns, you should be fine..

MissMusic

I'm planning to relax my hair myself on Saturday. I have 3 months worth of growth and my hair is quite resistant (or could just be the relaxers I have used). The issue is I'm slow, from past experience I find that I tend to under process the middle. With the amount of new growth I'm worried I will not be able to get everything relaxed on time. I'm thinking of relaxing half of it on Saturday and relax the rest on Sunday. The only thing I'm not sure of is what if water and shampoo get on the other side; does that mean I have to wait at least three or more days to relax the other side? Please share your experience and relaxer you have used if you have resistant hair like mine.

I'm also thinking of texlaxing (70% straight) but I'm not sure how to do it correctly. Thanks.

That should be fine.

diadall

The bolded words tell me you should get a professional or someone with great experience to relax your hair. Words like 'issue' and 'I'm worried' worry me a bit. It is your hair but, it is my opinion that you should do it in one session. Good luck, with three months of new growth you will have some great growing progress.

MsChelle

The bolded words tell me you should get a professional or someone with great experience to relax your hair. Words like 'issue' and 'I'm worried' worry me a bit. It is your hair but, it is my opinion that you should do it in one session. Good luck, with three months of new growth you will have some great growing progress.
I would tend to agree that you shoud possibly get someone who is experienced with relaxing that amount of new growth or even a professional to do it for you. You don't want to be under pressure and cause yourself a setback that could be avoided.

NYDee

The problem is in the 6 years I have been in NYC; I haven't had much luck with hair stylists. I get under processed or over processed. I want to learn to relax my hair again. I did this for two years when I was in Europe and my hair grew well. I just had a setback this month and I realized I'm hair lazy. I want to learn how to take care of my hair myself. I plan to only go to salons for trims.

krissyprissy

I would wait three days before doing the other side. Its impossible for me to relax and not get the other side wet.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
I don't have anything to add regarding your question but if you go to a professional, I suggest you inquire if he/she is familiar with handling a lot of ng. My last TU was a disaster because I learned, the hard way I might add -- through breakage, that my stylist didn't know how to deal with a lot of ng. When I first started going to my stylist, I never stretched my relaxers, thus she never had to deal with an abundance of ng. Now that I'm stretching, I am in the market for another stylist because clearly, my stylist is not capable of handling and managing ng. I know this is a bit of a ramble, but trust me....it's to your benefit to go to someone who can properly handle your hair.

Myjourney2009

Ready to be APL
Its fine to do so. I relax in two sections on the same day and the other section always gets a little wet (even though I put on a couple of plastic caps). I think I am going to put on new caps each time. I just wait for it to dry and I have at it.

OP get your self a large mirror ( I got one from Bed bath and beyond on 18th st and 5th) I place it on top of a cart in the bathroom so I can see the back of my head, I then place the cart strategically so I can see the back of my head easily. I also place a lamp on top of the clothes rack in my bathroom (near the ceiling over the shower) for more overhead light. I have had much succes with doing it this eay.

I then take a deep breathe and start applying the right side facing the main mirror ( I can see what I am doing in the mirror behind me). I then face the cart mirror to apply to the left side (the main mirror allow me to see this side better. It is less stressful this way as well..

Before I would have to move this way and that way to see the back, not anymore.

Last edited: