Relax edges b4 Sew-in??

Shell4624

I'm getting a sew in tonight. I'm getting a long 14 inch straight style. I want to leave out my edges, the nape and a horseshoe in the front to allow for different stylings. I'm 8 weeks post relaxer and was wondering if i should relax those areas before getting my sew in to allow for better blending with the extensions?

ms.blue

My sister started to do that and it turned out fine. As long as you take care of edges I don't see the problem.

PPGbubbles

I wouldnt suggest it if you are are natural, too many posters have had long term issues.

If you are relaxed and have healthy hair practices, do as you see fit.

Overall I would suggest simply buying hair that matches your texture instead, and blend well

ETA: I re-read the OP and you are relaxed.

I will leave the first statement up to any naturals considering this

lovelymissyoli

If your edges are the portion of hair you're leaving out, I don't understand it being a problem. As long as it's not being braided as part of the sew-in, then it's no different than relaxing your hair any other time and wearing your hair down/etc.

NappiShawti

why not just try a weave w/ texture similar to your own so you wont have to use heat or chemicals in order for it to blend properly. Have you considered a coarse yaki or kinky straight texture hair? i would exhaust those options before deciding to relax earlier than desired.