Recommendations for Oily Hair

Mocha1111

A friend of mine has very oily, stringy hair. She has to wash every 3-4 days. She uses no oil products...no oil sheen, no glossers, no leave ins...Nothing. I would like to know if there are any products for African Americans w/ Oily hair. As I said, she washes every 3-4 days and wears her hair in a wrap and wraps at night before going to bed. The problem is especially worse after she applies a relaxer. She is currently using Affirm conditioning relaxer and KeraCare maintenance products.

I have the exact same issue. I too use no oil products, serums, leave-ins etc. I just simply shampoo and condition my hair. I rollerset and then wrap my hair every night. And in about 3 days my hair is oily. I dont have a remedy for this problem. I just deal with it and just wait till my next wash day.

I have a very oily scalp. To help with my oily scalp, I do acv (apple cider vinegar) rinses. These work great at keeping my oily scalp in check. Maybe your friend can try an acv rinse to see if it'll help with oily hair. Sounds like your friend's natural scalp oil (sebum) produces a large amount and travels fast/easily down her hair shaft.

Back