Recommendations for leave-in detangler?

Sesi

Hi everyone, i am new to LHCF and have been lurking for a while. i am looking for a new leave-in detangler for my 4b hair, and i have no idea of any except for kinky-curly's. Any other recommendations? thx

An_gell

Oyin Greg Juice..I love this stuff it makes my slippery so I can finger detangle easily, not to mention it moisturizes as well.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
In No Particular Order

Bear Fruit Hair's Desert Drench L-I
MyHoneyChild Herbal Hair Cocktail
Jasmine Pro-Vitamin Detangler OR Jasmine Silk Detangler
Hydratherma Naturals Protein L-I OR HTN Follicle Booster
Qhemet's Coco Tree Detangling Ghee
Komaza Califia Leave In
Afroveda Moringa Hair Spritz
Qhemet's Karady Tea Spritz
Njoi's Creations Herbal Tea Spritz

An_gell

Some other things I like that might work for you are shescentit Green Grape Leave-in and she also the Coco creme leave-in.

Sesi

wow. thanks! i think i am going to give all these a try, one by one, lol.

chelseatiara - will look the tangleteezer up -altho i have heard/read some scary reviews!

faithVA

I haven't tried this yet but I have read a few positive reviews from LHCF members - Taliaah Waajid has a new detangler out that is supposed to be a good detangler and moisturizing.

I want to try it but I have put myself on a product diet.

Prinncipality

Cosigning on the Mane & Tail leave in. I had been sleeping on it for a few months and recently have revisited this product again since I am now transitioning. It is very good.

FabuLocks

I am a product junkie. I've tried just about anything that pretty much sound convincing. I have discovered that nothing comes close to Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive flossing polish! NOTHING! I apply it to my wet hair after shampooing and deep conditioning and it immediately change the texture of my hair; leaving it extremely silky and soft like baby hair (and this is no exaggeration). It is the only product the detangles my hair instantly and I will not do without it. It is a must have for your hair regimen; I got mine from Sally's!!!!

Barbara

Princess
I am a product junkie. I've tried just about anything that pretty much sound convincing. I have discovered that nothing comes close to Silk Elements Mega Silk Olive flossing polish! NOTHING! I apply it to my wet hair after shampooing and deep conditioning and it immediately change the texture of my hair; leaving it extremely silky and soft like baby hair (and this is no exaggeration). It is the only product the detangles my hair instantly and I will not do without it. It is a must have for your hair regimen; I got mine from Sally's!!!!

What is your hair type? Is this a liquid base or a cream base polish? How much does it cost and how many ounces does it have?

I like Silk Elements conditioners, so I need to try their other products.

Last edited:

Barbara

Princess
I'll have to try Mane N Tail, too, since I'm can't seem to find my regular detangler, Infusium 23 (Repairology). Has it been discontinued? :perplexed

I couldn't find it at Walmart, and I normally buy it there. I'll try Sally's, K-Mart or Target or any other beauty supply store.

Last edited:

Sesi

lol.

i think i will start off with the mane n tail, the rite aid nearby has them.... then i'll work up to the other ones.

divachyk

Instagram: adaybyjay
When I first joined LHCF, I was looking for a great detangler and tried a number of things (trust me when I said I tried a number of things) but nothing really gave me that great detangling experience. I now find that I don't need an actual detangling product now that I'm using a better technique for washing. I can now use a regular leave in with the tangle teezer and that works just fine. Hope that helps although I know it doesn't answer your question directly. Just wanted to share my experience.

lonei

The best detangler for me (and I had struggled for years) is adding Porosity Control to my regular conditioner then detangling in sections under the force of the shower. It cut it down from like 1 hour detangling outside the bath to like 8 mins in the shower.

afrochique

Danibeeja, I tried the Just for Me but it didn't work too well for me. I just washed my hair today and used Silken Child Leave-In Detangler (by Silk Elements, available at Sally's). The comb was gliding through my new growth (8mths post relaxer). I just wanted to keep combing through my hair.