Recommendation Please! Need an alternative to Silk Elements

Superfly Sister

Hi all,

I need your expertise and advice!

Last year Silk Elements was discontinued in the UK :( so I ran around town buying it all up! :lol: I love the cholesterol especially and use the conditioning mayonnaise.

Now I'm starting to run low and I'm need of a replacement. Can anyone recommend something to me. Silk Elements was the PERFECT conditioning product for my hair :( I'm still annoyed that Sally's UK no longer stock it and I'm not sure I want to pay the postage for it to get it imported.

Miss AJ

Are you opposed to online ordering? I have no clue how shipping costs from the US to the UK would run you so I'm just asking.

Bublin

Are you opposed to online ordering? I have no clue how shipping costs from the US to the UK would run you so I'm just asking.

Shipping costs are usually very high so for me it's not worth it. I know Silk Elements are very inexpensive so the shipping would probably be treble the cost of the product.

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Since i dont live close to a sallys i would love to find aan alternative to the mayo too. I was planning on trying africas best organics mayo to see if it performed similarly

Napp

Ms. Nobody
Superfly Sister, Bublin and anyone who might be interested, i think that the africa's best organics hair mayonnaise is comparable to the silk elements one. i think silk elements smells better but the africas best performs better at least for my hair.i got very silky feeling results with the africas best. i love both but the africa's best gets bonus points for being cheap and easy to get. i dont know how available this brand is in the UK though.

Iluvsmuhgrass

Why not get someone you trust in the states to load up (with a coupon) then ship in a Flat Rate International Priority box? You could even go in with local LHCF'ers to save a bit more on shipping costs. Just a random pre-coffee thought.

Geminigirl

Have you all tried Elasta QP-DPR11? I used to love this before I moved away from TX and couldn't find it anymore. If they discontinue it here I will go back to that. It's a great DC.

Geminigirl

Oh your looking for a Hair Mayonaise? I don't use those I thought you were talking about the moisturizing treatment. Well when I was relaxed I used ORS hair Mayo. It's pricey but it gets 'er done.

Bublin

Oh your looking for a Hair Mayonaise? I don't use those I thought you were talking about the moisturizing treatment. Well when I was relaxed I used ORS hair Mayo. It's pricey but it gets 'er done.

Yes we are talking about the Moisturising Treatment.