Rapunzel the Future of Hair?

LdyKamz

Never heard of it. But is the protein deep conditioner the only product they have? I didn't see any others. The info in their hair tips is...interesting.

EbonyCPrincess

Yes, I have used their hair oil in the past. I liked that it had a blend of my faves and was the perfect in-between of a heavy and light oil. Honestly I got tired of having a bunch of oils in my stash and appreciated having one go to oil for everything in a convenient pump top.

I have spoken with the owner and she is passionate about hair care and overall healthy living. She, however, grew her own hair using the Cathy Howse regimen - something I directly asked her based on the principles she advocates on her site - and through resources like LHCF. So, her hair is absolutely stunning but she achieved it using other products. BUT there are lots of testimonials on her site from women who claim to use only their products who've made amazing progress and have beautiful hair.

I only stopped using the products and promoting the brand because after I featured her company on my site as a way of reaching more potential customers, she had a very unappreciative attitude and air of entitlement. For example, asking for changes to her direct quotes in a very aggressive manner and being very anti-relaxer. It just kind've rubbed me the wrong way along with some of the principles that are taken directly from Cathy Howse. One thing I can appreciate about Ms. Howse is that if you've ever read her book, she shouts out the other women who she used as a resource and then talks about what she agrees and/or disagrees with. I remember asking her distinctly what resources she used to grow her own hair and she was very vague...I'm not sure if she feels it would hurt her sales to just say LHCF and Cathy Howse or what. Those are my personal feelings, had nothing to do with not liking the actual oil anymore.

She seemed like a hard working women dedicated to building her company and I think the rest of the line may be something worth looking into as again, I've only used the oil. Thanks for tagging me EnExitStageLeft!

For those interested, here is the original feature/interview I did with the owner on my blog last year.