Random Hair Thoughts/Thinking out loud

Her hair is lovely. But, I don’t like the way she delivers her messages. She talks as if she is speaking to children.
Now that you point this out...yeah she kinda does. I do recall thinking "doesn't she know that we know this already?" She was explaining combing from the bottom up...

She tickles me.

Last edited:
Found some. For your Shima reading pleasure:
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/have-you-seen-her-hair.105370/
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/anybody-heard-of-shima.364411/
https://longhaircareforum.com/threads/i-am-glad-she-did-this-no-haters-please.415334/

I’m sure there’s plenty more. Anything involving Shima resulted in a locked thread & plenty of entertainment. That was 10+ years ago though, not sure how many current members remember her.

But why, though?

Let me go read a few posts.

Shima was the source of some serious drama on this board yeeeeeears ago. Try a search, maybe some of the old threads will pop up. :lachen:

:lachen:Nothing new There! Someone is always the source of drama of some sort (there's always gonna be a hater and a back biter). I still like her in spite of what I may read about her.

This Summer I am going to wear my afro. Last Summer wore my afro with a pink head wrap only one time and it felt good. There was a spanish lady who couldn't stop looking at it, I caught her eyes a few times glaring. She had very bleached neck/shoulder length hair. I had to watch her closely. She looked mean!

My week so far...

How you look when you only have a short way to go until you reach your ultimate hair length.

How you look when you wake up because your scarf came off your head while sleeping.

how you look when you thought you ate all of your M&Ms then discover there's two more left in the bag.

But why, though?

Let me go read a few posts.

Because she stole poster’s pics & quotes on the board to put on her site and sell her oil. People were really pissed about that, for good reason. I think the original threads that started it all got deleted.

Does this board still have drama like that, though? Back in the day, there were always threads getting locked or deleted with member bannings. Now it seems like the board is too slow for that?

I wish my laptop was working so I could live vicariously through more of my old hair pics. This is the only one I have :/. If someone had told me in 2009 that I would cut my hair off to nothing and like it, I would’ve laughed in their face! When my twa feels like it’s not growing, I miss it though. Much easier to see progress when relaxed.

D2FA78B9-0625-4340-8249-08CC09834FB5.jpeg

I wish my laptop was working so I could live vicariously through more of my old hair pics. This is the only one I have :/. If someone had told me in 2009 that I would cut my hair off to nothing and like it, I would’ve laughed in their face! When my twa feels like it’s not growing, I miss it though. Much easier to see progress when relaxed.

View attachment 428101

Gorgeous. Looks so healthy.

I’m having a bad hair day. My braid out did not turn out well, and I’m really missing my texlaxed hair. :-(

Hugs. Will you try again or go back to wash and go's? What did you not like about it? Why is it a "fail?"

My twist outs look 1000 times better than my braid outs.

Here's a side by side comparison of a twist out on one half of the head versus a braid out on the other half of the head. Do you have a preference?

Hugs. Will you try again or go back to wash and go's? What did you not like about it? Why is it a "fail?"

My twist outs look 1000 times better than my braid outs.

Here's a side by side comparison of a twist out on one half of the head versus a braid out on the other half of the head. Do you have a preference?

My roots were way too puffy and my hair didn’t have any swing. It was also a little frizzy but I think that’s just because I didn’t use enough product.

I’ll have to watch the videos to see which I like better, but in the past I’ve really like the way my braidouts turned out.

I’m not sure what I’m going to try next.

This is my hair as we speak at work. I did this style without looking in mirrors so I came to work not even knowing what the back could possibly look like. It is what it is...
Seeeee. Your hair is GORGEOUS. :drool: (The drool emoji needs to be closer to the top!!)
Are those just twists?? The ends of my hair seems to hate twists, no matter how big or small- although it seems the WetLine I put on the ends this time may have helped.
I know you’re a fan of hair grease but my hair hasn’t met a solid hair grease that my skin likes. Oil rinsing seems to be most helpful right now for detangling & sealing.

Seeeee. Your hair is GORGEOUS. :drool: (The drool emoji needs to be closer to the top!!)
Are those just twists?? The ends of my hair seems to hate twists, no matter how big or small- although it seems the WetLine I put on the ends this time may have helped.
I know you’re a fan of hair grease but my hair hasn’t met a solid hair grease that my skin likes. Oil rinsing seems to be most helpful right now for detangling & sealing.
Thank you so much. Right about the emojis! Takes me a whole minute sometimes to find the one I want LOL. Yes those are a combination of flat twist and regular chunky twists pinned together and shaped by tucking and pinning and wrapping a scarf around it for tens minutes.

My ends use to tangle around each other before reintroducing grease. The ends stay put. Grease would break me out too if it ever contacted my skin. I try to make sure it's whiped off my face.

You could try Shea butter on your ends.

My Grandmother wants so desperately for me to straighten my hair. She goes on and on about how its better than how my hair is right now. I think she said the words "Hot Comb" 25 times in the whole 10 minute conversation lol.

I don't even like straight on me like that. Hot comb? HOT COMB!!? Id go jump in a piranha infested lake first. I LIKE MY NAPS.

YES *raises hand* NAPS PLEASE. She thinks I should "comb it out". IT IS COMBED! LOL. Straight hair is not the "ultimate pretty".

My Grandmother wants so desperately for me to straighten my hair. She goes on and on about how its better than how my hair is right now. I think she said the words "Hot Comb" 25 times in the whole 10 minute conversation lol.

I don't even like straight on me like that. Hot comb? HOT COMB!!? Id go jump in a piranha infested lake first. I LIKE MY NAPS.

YES *raises hand* NAPS PLEASE. She thinks I should "comb it out". IT IS COMBED! LOL. Straight hair is not the "ultimate pretty".

Every time I visit my mom, she’s like “You should let me flat iron your hair.” Girl bye.

USPS playing with my emotions. I have a wax package that was supposed to be delivered today and it's been stuck in the city next to me since 8 am this morning...mind you with no updates.

source.gif

I literally could have walked from my house, picked it up myself and been back home before noon today yet here it is 7:30 pm and they only have 30 minutes to meet the deadline. I feel like chopping somebody in they thoak!

I wonder if the Vitamin D my doc prescribed is going to make that big a difference in my hair growth.....
My diet & lifestyle are generally healthy. Shed hairs are usually between 13-18 inches long- but I’m tall & long so it doesn’t look that long on me. Plus shrinkage.
Has anyone had an experience with this?

Back