Random Christian thought's thread continued ...

discobiscuits

re: juveniles in prison. if someone under 18 can rape a baby/infant, murder people and have no remorse, or any other type of heinous crime then they need to be subjected to the punishment for it. age is no excuse when one commits a violent crime. i don't care if the person is 8, 12, 17, the punishment should fit the crime not the age of the offender. in fact the death penalty should be available based on the crime not the age of the accused/defendant/guilty person.

joy2day

I am thankful for discernment given to me by the Lord. It is a powerful gift of God, and I don't take it lightly.

divya

re: juveniles in prison. if someone under 18 can rape a baby/infant, murder people and have no remorse, or any other type of heinous crime then they need to be subjected to the punishment for it. age is no excuse when one commits a violent crime. i don't care if the person is 8, 12, 17, the punishment should fit the crime not the age of the offender. in fact the death penalty should be available based on the crime not the age of the accused/defendant/guilty person.

So 8 yr old should be punished the same way as a 38 year old? Why do we differentiate between children and adults then?

What about someone like this girl?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qR7mno6p9iQ

At age 16, she killed the man that raped her at age 13 and put her out on the streets as a prostitute. She was sentenced to life in prison without parole...

Last edited:

MichelleMyBelle

I was talking to a friend of mine about prayer and the kinds of prayers that are prayed.

I told her that I rarely pray for God to do things for people (health, job situation, money). I don't. I trust God and have faith that he has every child's best interest. So what is my prayer going to do? He will have has way whether I request or not. I use to pray for things. Now I just thank Him. I thank God for most things, like the time I have with family and friends. I thank Him for keeping them strong.

When my brother got in his horrific car accident everyone started praying for his health and for God not to take him home. I prayed, "I totally trust you God and whatever you want for my brother will be. If you call him home then I thank you for allowing me to share my life with him." Everyone was angry with me. Of course I want him to be with me and for him not to die. I know it really doesn't matter what I want. God will have His way. He always does.

Because of this incident of prayer with my family they are really upset with me and told me I didn't know what prayer really meant. I'm still trying to understand what they are talking about. They can't explain it themselves! I know Thanksgiving Day will be interesting.

When I use to get in sticky situation or life would be difficult I use to pray for God to fix it. I don't anymore. When I get in bad situations (I just got out of one) I am real quiet and I listen. I study harder and thank God (though its hard to do in the midst of a storm sometimes) more often. I prayed, "God you know what I need, I have faith you will guide me to it (Scripture). Thank you for your guidance. My feelings are crushed and I hurt so bad and I want it to stop. Its uncomfortable and I have faith I will learn from this situation. I know my healing will start soon and I thank you."

My only prayers are prayers of thank you. I kinda hestitated typing this today. I don't really know you ladies that well. But from what I've read in this forum you seem to be pretty kind hearted.

Last edited:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Bad seed.

So, how would putting an 8-year-old child on death row be effective?

You know, a very challenging thing is to try to explain something to a child that only an adult could grasp. What you'll get is "why?" But it's deeper than that.

I don't think it's about 'excuses' moreso than rehabilitation. Children are the product of their environments..why make the buck stop at the child? It's said that juvenile crimes usually take place after school, when the kids are home alone or unsupervised. Where are the parents? Do those kids go to church or have a spiritual life? In today's society, parents are just as out of control as their children. We've got parents acting like kids and kids acting like adults.

I doubt the root of juvenile statistics is the child.

LifeafterLHCF

I feel I may not make it in my beauty fast..I miss being pretty to a degree by world standards and my own...I know God won't be too happy..Im also noticing I love reading the word..I really I have to learn to be optismtic..I know ppl in the health board think Im depressed

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
I feel I may not make it in my beauty fast..I miss being pretty to a degree by world standards and my own...I know God won't be too happy..Im also noticing I love reading the word..I really I have to learn to be optismtic..I know ppl in the health board think Im depressed
There is nothing about you that disappoints God. Nothing. And to you He is saying, "Thou art fair (beautiful) my Love (my daughter), I find no spot in thee."

(Song of Solomon 4:6)

Also, when you enter a fast, start slow. One eyebrow at a time. :Rose:

Laela

PSALMS 124:7
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sLrizSbTubA

Praise him...keep praising him.. Keep a song that your love that honors God in your heart and sing it ever time you feel this way. Hum it. Smile when you hear the tunes. Something miraculous happens when we Praise him in the Storm. When we praise Him, he LIFTS US UP. Every time. Sing Today. :yep:

Keep your head up.. you have already succeeded with your fast.

Last edited:

PinkPebbles

God is truly good!

He protects and covers me. In the midst of chaos all around me He hid some things from me. Why!?! So I can stay focus and allow my enemies to wander in the midst of confusion.

Once everything was exposed at the appointed time my God had already worked everything out for my good! Didn't have to say a word....the Lord is truly good all the time:love2:.

divya

The world can be so unforgiving...but thank you Jesus for being the One who has the love and power to forgive to the uttermost.

Please teach me to exhibit Your kind of forgiveness and Your kind of understanding.

discobiscuits

i'm just a-searchin' fo someone(s) to bless. i am overflowing. i should be dead, hurt, injured but i'm here, alive, healthy and blessed.

aribell

formerly nicola.kirwan
Why must we as Christians insist that the strength of our feelings = God's will, truth, voice, etc?

Why not rather acknowledge the difference between God's voice and our perception of God's voice? Why not accept the difference between what God has commanded and our understanding of what God has commanded. Indeed, let God be true and every man a liar, He speaks plainly. And yet our ears get clogged sometimes.

If we would see the difference, instead of having "God plainly said x and you must not be listening/reading/praying arguments," we'd be having discussions saying "This is what God appears to have said, and here are the reasons that it is more reasonable and in accordance with wisdom and biblical principles to understand God as speaking in this way." Instead of pointing the finger and questioning another's faith, understanding, or dedication, we'd be sitting down and talking to understand God better, together.

Faith is not a guarantee of rightness, only of God's mercy on our wrongness.

(btw, this random thought is not about the CF.)

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

Is wondering why can't my sex drive die..until Im married or die...I like that I have read the bible every day this week...that a really big thing for me..I wish I had a christian friend who was accepting of me..that was my age..maybe one day when Im 80

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
Is wondering why can't my sex drive die..until Im married or die...I like that I have read the bible every day this week...that a really big thing for me..I wish I had a christian friend who was accepting of me..that was my age..maybe one day when Im 80
Don't condemn yourself for being the way designed you...as sexual being.

Sometimes Christians think that they are not supposed to be 'alive' and they should not have a sexual drive or feelings.

Accept that you have them, praise God that you do. It's a gift, it truly is a gift. It means that everything is operating the way that it should. You are normal, accept being so.

The key here is this: You are not a disappointment to God for having these feelings. They will always be 'there' and they're supposed to be.

I don't know how God does it, but He does; He calms the storms we go through. Peace truly does become 'still'. The cravings and desires we have somehow stop having the spotlight and being distractions in our thoughts. God redirects our thoughts and the 'feelings' though still there, we just don't care. They don't have rule. One day you'll look up and say,

Father God, it really wasn't 'all that'; all along you had my back.' Thank you for never leaving nor forsaking me, no matter where I've been in my life with and without you. Always faithful, always my friend, always you'll be with me, and to this I say, "amen".

So accept the feelings and more than that, accept that God still loves you as He takes your through and past them. He knows your 'frame' and He's given you His name as His child forever. :Rose:

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
When the oceans rise and thunders roar
I will soar with you above the storm
Father you are King over the flood
I will be still and know you are God

Be still and know that He is God...

Last edited:

LifeafterLHCF

I hate feeling like I do..I see me as this unloveable person..i piece of trash that is always trying to get ahead that can't..I know this is horrible to say and I know ppl will get tired of calling themselves trying to cheer me up...I might be MIA for a while..hopeful I won't denounce my christian card..

PinkPebbles

I hate feeling like I do..I see me as this unloveable person..i piece of trash that is always trying to get ahead that can't..I know this is horrible to say and I know ppl will get tired of calling themselves trying to cheer me up...I might be MIA for a while..hopeful I won't denounce my christian card..

Coco_diva4 -

You cannot give up:nono2:...you have come too far to turn around. We all have our days. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.

This hug is for you:bighug:....so wipe your tears and put on some praise music. We are waiting for you:yep: You have too much of God in you to keep to yourself! You are a blessing to the body of Christ.

And always remember that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us :kiss:.

PG480

Hey there Coco diva, I have observed your many posts of your growth and transformation and have been touched by them. It hurts my heart to know that you are dealing with such emotions. We all go through very difficult times, and depending on our life experiences we will struggle with the scars left from them in thoughts, actions, etc. When I decided to become baptized and live according to God's will for me, I was excited, happy and on fire for the Lord. I knew he loved me and I knew that only him could make me whole. What I was not prepared for was his work in me of bringing everything to the surface that was painful for me to deal with and overcome. I like to think of it as "giving birth" or "shedding skin", shedding the old to bring in the new. The bible says that "we are transformed by the renewing of our mind". So sometimes we are lead to revisit the past so that we can heal and move forward. This is not to make us unhappy, but to take us to the next step, then the next and so on. You have been and will continue to be a blessing to others. Please be encouraged and continue to stay strong. Take everything to the Lord in prayer and that means this as well, he will never fail you, this I promise you...and I am speaking from my own personal experience. Continue to commune with him by reading of his word, prayer, fellowship etc. I will be keeping you in prayer as well. God Bless!

Laela

:goodpost: Your post reminds me of the movie, "Kingdom of Heaven" :yep:

"It is God's will" was always what was used when the leaders wanted to have their way or justify war. It's one thing to actually hear from God and another to think we hear from God. Great point...

Why must we as Christians insist that the strength of our feelings = God's will, truth, voice, etc?

Why not rather acknowledge the difference between God's voice and our perception of God's voice? Why not accept the difference between what God has commanded and our understanding of what God has commanded. Indeed, let God be true and every man a liar, He speaks plainly. And yet our ears get clogged sometimes.

If we would see the difference, instead of having "God plainly said x and you must not be listening/reading/praying arguments," we'd be having discussions saying "This is what God appears to have said, and here are the reasons that it is more reasonable and in accordance with wisdom and biblical principles to understand God as speaking in this way." Instead of pointing the finger and questioning another's faith, understanding, or dedication, we'd be sitting down and talking to understand God better, together.

Faith is not a guarantee of rightness, only of God's mercy on our wrongness.

(btw, this random thought is not about the CF.)

LifeafterLHCF

Coco_diva4 -

You cannot give up:nono2:...you have come too far to turn around. We all have our days. Weeping may endure for a night but joy comes in the morning.

This hug is for you:bighug:....so wipe your tears and put on some praise music. We are waiting for you:yep: You have too much of God in you to keep to yourself! You are a blessing to the body of Christ.

And always remember that we can do all things through Christ who strengthens us :kiss:.

Thank you Pink Pebbles and PG480 for your kind words.I really don't know why I feel so bad.Maybe because Im trying to do right but am not hitting the mark.I look at my circumstances too much I suppose.I know that God doesn't make people to live miserable I pray.I feel embarassed at times that I allow my present to make me so blue..

Laela

A Word on Character: Compassion

Compassion, of course, doesn't mean feeling sorry for people, pitying people. Compassion, com-pas-sion, means 'to feel with.'

Dictionary's meaning: Sympathetic consciousness of others' distress along with a desire to alleviate it.

What the Word says Compassion is:
* The Lord will always have compassion on us. (2 Kings 13:23, Nehemiah 9:27, Psalm 103:13, Isaiah 54:8) Does the Lord expect something from us in return?
* Jesus felt compassion to those in need. (Matthew 9:36, 14:14, 15:32, 20:34, Mark 6:34, 8:2, Luke 15:20, etc.)
* Those who walk with the Lord will have compassion. (Ephesians 4:32, Colossians 3:12-13, Philippians 2:1-2, 1 Peter 3:8)
* Compassion fulfills the law of Christ. (Galatians 6:2)

To do:
1. Pray specifically to become a person of greater compassion.
2. Seek to be a Good Samaritan to the person in need that you have identified.

Showing compassion, not pity, for others is my challenge for today. :yep:

LifeafterLHCF

Wishes she could believe in the prayers I say...I wish I didn't feel as though everyone is above me in spite of the word saying im the head and not the tail above and not beneath...I wish i didn't feel like Im a little slave who is always having to go over and above to get the tiniest approval from people..I guess this is why I feel everyone is so much important than I am thus making it much easier for me to pray for others and believe they can change and be healed and be success...I wonder why Im still in school knowing that I may never be like everyone else who is successful..just my thoughts and rant

BrandNew

Loc'd up and loving it!
Death could not hold you down..You are the risen King!! Ahh I just get soo excited when I think about it!! *Risen With Christ*

maxineshaw

I made a list of 50 things I want to accomplish in life. Why is number one always the same? He should always be number one anyway, but I know that since I finished reading the bible* beginning to end years ago, my relationship with God has been incredibly stagnant. I just don't know why. Lord Jesus.

*I don't believe that anyone can ever finish reading the bible. Ever.

Last edited:

growhawkglitter

Why are you mad? Because of the affair or his dismissal from his record label?

me and all the folks in my youth group really look up to datruth- he's been to our church several times- he semed to be so passionate about his ministry and such a good example the way he was talking to us -I didn't see it coming

also tye tribett is the biggest judgemental "you're going to hell" Christian in the spotlight- The least he could do is live what he proclaims.

Maybe I will get over it soon, but I won't be buying a tye tribbett cd for a long time. I already didn't like the dude, but his songs are great.

by the way i'm fresh outta 19 if that helps, i know yall are like mom age out this peice lol

Laela

Yes, you are the Head and not the tail... believe that!

:yep:
Wishes she could believe in the prayers I say...I wish I didn't feel as though everyone is above me in spite of the word saying im the head and not the tail above and not beneath...I wish i didn't feel like Im a little slave who is always having to go over and above to get the tiniest approval from people..I guess this is why I feel everyone is so much important than I am thus making it much easier for me to pray for others and believe they can change and be healed and be success...I wonder why Im still in school knowing that I may never be like everyone else who is successful..just my thoughts and rant

CoilyFields

me and all the folks in my youth group really look up to datruth- he's been to our church several times- he semed to be so passionate about his ministry and such a good example the way he was talking to us -I didn't see it coming

also tye tribett is the biggest judgemental "you're going to hell" Christian in the spotlight- The least he could do is live what he proclaims.

Maybe I will get over it soon, but I won't be buying a tye tribbett cd for a long time. I already didn't like the dude, but his songs are great.

by the way i'm fresh outta 19 if that helps, i know yall are like mom age out this peice lol

Girl you better use him as an example!!! Remind your youth group that we ALL SIN AND FALL SHORT OF THE GLORY OF GOD! That even those of us who look like we've got it together and are sold out for Christ fall. If the man after Gods own heart, David, fell so hard, then we should know that others will too.
Show them that there are attacks to every ministry and the worst ones come from our own lusts (james 1:14). Discuss with them what precautions to take...what would they do in that situation...and how God forgives us but we still have to deal with the consequences of our decisions!