QUICK! Who's album had the bun using the fake hair scrunchie as a...

ms_kenesha

QUICK! Who\'s album had the bun using the fake hair scrunchie as a...

base...

I'm trying to show my friend how to do this bun because I told her that the foam donut is too damaging to her hair.

TIA

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach
Re: QUICK! Who\'s album had the bun using the fake hair scrunchie as a...

You may be thinking about my album. If not I don't know who!!

Good Luck!

ms_kenesha

No, it wasn't yours DSD although I directed her to that, too, someone else had one.

dreemssold

It was Wolftrap, MsK /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

ms_kenesha

Thanks Dreem! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

I remember now that her name was said. She used one of those scrunchies with the curly fake hair to form her bun. That was cute!!

Huggette

a couple regular scrunchies work well too...not drying like foam. cheaper than fake hair. just a thought.

Wolftrap

It was me who mentioned it.

Huggette--I know regular scrunchies can be used as well but the purpose of using the fake hair as a scrunchie is if you don't cover the whole scrunchie very well then you don't have to worry because the fake hair blends in with your hair wheras a scrunchie if you don't cover it all you may have spots of whatever color scrunchie you put in your hair peeking through. This happened to me and my friend asked what is that blue thing in your bun. After that I got the fake hair scrunchie.

tammiematthews

Hey ladies, my cousin-in-law (who is a bun queen), told me I could also use a sock as a base? she xplained how it worked, but I'm still a little lost (something about cutting the toe out of the sock, sliding the hair through and then folding/rolling it down?) I can be a little slow sometimes, any ideas on what she is talking about?

good2uuuu

I never thought of doing a bun this way. I use the foam donut, but I covered it so it doesn't dry out or damamge my hair. I might get a fake hair scrunchie though just for variety. That would probably make a nice loose messy bun.

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
Hey ladies, my cousin-in-law (who is a bun queen), told me I could also use a sock as a base? she xplained how it worked, but I'm still a little lost (something about cutting the toe out of the sock, sliding the hair through and then folding/rolling it down?) I can be a little slow sometimes, any ideas on what she is talking about?

[/ QUOTE ]
Check out this album: Donut with socks

Wolftrap

Yeah I know exactly what she is talking about but you have the same problem as if you used a scrunchie. You may have some sock showing through. I noticed whenI used a regular scruchie even leaning my head back on a chair or something my hair would shift and the scrunchie would show.

Also I don't think a cotton sock is a good material to rub against your hair. But the way you do it is you put your hair in a ponytail then put the end of the ponytail through the sock then just rolldownard. It will create a donut shape. Then you put your hair over that. Your hair should look like a donut when finished

Huggette

very true!! dont' get me wrong i'm loving your idea!!

i guess i was just going off my experience. i can't find fake hair anything that works with my hair!! sux! the fake hair scrunchies for one don't work with my hair texture or color. i got like 4 different shades going on...

so for me i found that if i get a brown or black scrunchi i'm good. but then again i use 3 of the little ones so it fills in well but i don't have to struggle to cover it up.

tammiematthews

Thanks Dontspeakdefeat for the tutorial on donut bun making..I'm going to try this tomorrow!! The pictures really helped!!!

dontspeakdefeat

Hair Coach

[ QUOTE ]
Thanks Dontspeakdefeat for the tutorial on donut bun making..I'm going to try this tomorrow!! The pictures really helped!!!

[/ QUOTE ]

U R welcome! Good luck!

butterfli

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks Dontspeakdefeat! I just tried this and it worked perfectly. The key is to make sure you use a silk or satin sock so that you hair is extra protected. The steps were sooo easy! THANKS AGAIN! /images/graemlins/kiss.gif /images/graemlins/weird.gif

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made

SweetPea used a donut bun to make a bun.