quick question

Adrian3bc

I am thinking of doing braid outs for part of my transition. I want o know does everyone do cornrows or individual braids for braud outs? And you opinions on which method is better.

TIA,
Adrian

Hi Adrian
wave.gif

I do them both with success.
smile.gif
Here's my take on it...

If u wanna blend in your new growth nicely, then definitely go for the cornrows. This enables the new growth to have the same wave / crimp pattern as the length hair
smile.gif

Another thing about the cornrows.... If u want larger sized waves / crimps, then cornrow larger sections of hair. The good thing about it is ur new growth will still blend in nicely, even with larger cornrow sections.

Now if u single braid, u can still get the same look. Just keep in mind that u'll have to make smaller sections braids (stated another way... u'll end up with more braids) in order to nicely blend in the new growth hair. Smaller braids of course means more crimps/waves, thus more shrinkage.

On the other hand, if u use single braids with larger sections of hair (say 2 sections), then only the "braid hair" itself will have the wave / crimps. The scalp hair around the braid would not have this wave / crimp pattern.

Ok, i know that i sound confusing, so i'm gonna stop while i'm ahead. Usually i'm pretty good at painting a mental hair picture via words, but i'm really off key tonight
laugh.gif

Which is better?

I like them both for different stages of my touch up.

When i have a fresh touch up i like to use the cornrows. There isn't a line of demarcation, so i'm not worried about breaking hairs. But like now, i have 3 or so inches of new growth...cornrowing (imo) would do more damage than good, cuz it'll put too much stress on the "line"... u know, too much manipulation, which could cause the strands to break.

I just realized that u said ur transitioning.... go for the single braids luv
cool.gif
. This way ur "line" won't be stressed. As a matter of fact, I'm thinking of transitioning too. I would definitely use single braids
smile.gif

Back