Quick Henna Questions!

Theresamonet

I want to henna my hair mostly for the red color it gives. But the ends of my hair are currently colored Oriental Black by Bigen. Will I not get any color pay off from the henna with the Bigen still on my hair?

I went out to get some Clairol Metalex or Uncolor yesterday with no luck. Do I really need to strip the color first?

fitnessmommy

I have the Bigen dye in my hair to cover grays and I henna'ed a couple of weeks ago. In my siggy is the color result... you really won't see a lot of color. It looks reddish in artificial light but much redder in the sun. But, it's not a shocking "Oh, you dyed your hair" look. It's subtle.

Theresamonet

Thanks for answering fitnessmommy!

I can definitely see a reddish tint in your siggy pic. Was your hair colored black? Do you think the red will intensify with continued henna treatments?

fitnessmommy

Yep, I used oriental black on my hair previously to cover up gray strands. From what I have read the henna color will slightly intensify with each usage of henna. Since it is topical and coats the strand I suppose I might get a bit more color but it won't lighten the hair. In the sun it is quite a bit redder though, which I do like. =)