Questions For Those Who Do There Own Twists With Marley Hair

curlytwirly06

So I have done Senegalese twists with yarn exclusively because it's cheaper and I have easier access to yarn. However I am going to try it again this time with Marley hair. Can anybody offer me some tips on working with Marley hair? Also where can I find it affordably online. I am guessing I will need about 5 bags but I don't want to spend a lot just for hair. Thank you!

oneastrocurlie

Online is usually way more than I can find it locally. I use about 4 bags. I do find it easy to work with. I love how light it is. 4 bags doesn't feel like much on my head in a big bun. I wash and reuse as well.

faithVA

I wash and condition the hair the day before and separate it into smaller sections. That way I can just grab a section and twist without having to stop to separate the hair.

I have used several brands. For the most part they all work just fine once I condition them. Some I have to cut the ends off first to easily separate but I haven't found there is enough difference for me to pay more than $6 a pack. I just get it from the bss around the corner. I have purchased hair from I believe it is Hattache. They have decent prices as well.

GGsKin

I like to cut the ends off and comb the hair out before I use it- combing after means you don't get blunt ends. It makes my twists light but still look full. I also dip the ends on tiny perm rods when I'm done. It's cheap and easy to find on the ground. I've used 4 or so packs for roughly apl twists.

ForestRose

Any brand is okay. When doing jumbo twists or styles I always section my hair first. It really does speed up the process.
I've done marley twists with 3 packs before but I was struggling so 5 packs should definitely be enough. Separating each section of hair could help with speeding up the process too.
That's all really. Marley twists are one of the easier styles to start of with I think so you should be okay