Questions about MN...

DivineNapps1728

I've just come across a few old threads (2+ years old) about using miconazole nitrate as a growth aid & I'm interested, but very skeptical; I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a few things before I splurge on Monostat for my scalp :drunk:

• How does this stuff work?
I've read that it kills bacteria on the scalp and allows for increased growth and/or increases oxygenation of the scalp which promotes growth, but I'm still a bit puzzled.
  • Beyond dandruff relief (or any itchy scalp ailments) & growth what are the pros? Beyond headaches & product buildup what are the cons?
  • Does it promote growth in areas where tension is the primary cause of breakage?
  • Is the hair that's grown from mn use any different from un-assisted new growth?
  • If anyone is using this how do you apply it & what results have you achieved? (Pics are well appreciated)
  • For those who've stopped using it after seeing growth, did the mn effects reverse after you stopped? What made you stop?

Final question and I apologize if this question is offensive to anyone or seems to be asking too much, but after using mn on your scalp for an extended period could it possibly be less effective in curing a vaginal yeast infection later on? I know if you overuse antibiotics you can begin to harbor bacteria resistant to the drugs, that's where this idea is coming from :perplexed

Thanks in advance!

I've just come across a few old threads (2+ years old) about using miconazole nitrate as a growth aid & I'm interested, but very skeptical; I was wondering if anyone could help me figure out a few things before I splurge on Monostat for my scalp :drunk:

• How does this stuff work?
I've read that it kills bacteria on the scalp and allows for increased growth and/or increases oxygenation of the scalp which promotes growth, but I'm still a bit puzzled.

I think you answered your own question above.
  • Beyond dandruff relief (or any itchy scalp ailments) & growth what are the pros? Beyond headaches & product buildup what are the cons? Again, I think you answered the question yourself. I don't think there are any more pros. Cons, I read that one girl did have a pretty negative reaction which she went to the emergency room for. Her face went numb on one side...
  • Does it promote growth in areas where tension is the primary cause of breakage? I'm sure it will encourage growth where ever you apply it.
  • Is the hair that's grown from mn use any different from un-assisted new growth? Not sure I understand that question.
  • If anyone is using this how do you apply it & what results have you achieved? (Pics are well appreciated)
    I applied it directly to scalp for one week until I ran out. Didn't use long enough but there are plenty of women that have used and gotten great results.
  • For those who've stopped using it after seeing growth, did the mn effects reverse after you stopped? What made you stop? I didn't have any effects after I stopped but that could be cause I didn't use long enough.

Final question and I apologize if this question is offensive to anyone or seems to be asking too much, but after using mn on your scalp for an extended period could it possibly be less effective in curing a vaginal yeast infection later on? I know if you overuse antibiotics you can begin to harbor bacteria resistant to the drugs, that's where this idea is coming from :perplexed

Thanks in advance!

That can happen using anti-biotics period. There are many strains of illnesses, especially some STD's that are becoming resistant to drugs because of the over prescribing of anti-biotics in the first place.

Doctors and scientists are coming up with new drugs everyday to fight illness.

HTH:spinning:

Thanks for your response supermodelsonya :)

What I mant by the fourth question is did you notice any differences in texture of your hair, etc, after/while using mn?

Back