Questions About Heat Protectants & Blowing Out Hair

CurlyNiquee

I am thinking about blowing out my hair for the first time and have no idea about heat protectants or where to start.. :perplexed

What heat protectant works best for you? What rules do you follow when blowing your hair out?

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Yesterday, after all these years of being natural, I found the best technique for blowdrying my 4a/b hair.

After washing, detangling, conditioning, and rinsing, I let my hair dry in a turbie twist towel. My hair was in two braids on each side of my head.

I unravelled one side, divded it into three sections (which were the three sections within the braid). Starting with the back section, I applied Fantasia ic Heat Protector Straightening Serum. I used a knock-off denman brush to distribute the serum and then I blowdried the section with my gold colored Andis Ceramic Ionic Hair Dryer with a comb attachment. After blowdrying that section, I braided it. I did this to my entire head ending up with 6 braided sections. Now you can decide how you want to style your hair. I did a braidout. Hope that helps.

lamaria211

I have a question
If your leave in states that it protects against heat do you still need to use a heat protectant?

SoopremeBeing

I use Profectiv MegaGrowth lotion after I rinse out my deep conditioner; I put some in my hair and let it air dry for about 20-30 minutes, then I blow dry for 5-8 minutes. The Air drying first, blow drying second method works better for me, as I am trying to cut back of flat ironing.

On the bottle, it does say it protects against damage from heat styling, but just as a back up, I use KMS FlatOut Blow Dry lotion(white and purple bottle).

sckri23

Cold air blow drying that's what I do

the only heat I use is my steam straightener or my Instyler

*~SCKRI23~* via LHCF app

Last edited: