??question?? Is Lanolin bad for the hair?

nomoweavesfome

I've been trying to search, but it is not working. Is lanolin bad for the hair?

My hair hasn't been acting right lately and I'm wondering if the elasta qp curl wax is the culprit. I always clarify, and I am only 6 weeks post. I on;y use when I am going to flat iron, and it usually makes my hair look fantastic!! But I'm not sure if because it is 6 weeks post is the reason why my hair isn't acting right or the lanolin/ paraafin wax deal.

c'mon my sisters help me out. I'm a veteran and should know better, but this is what I get for trying new thangs just cause my hair is past shoulder length.

nomoweavesfome

thanks Chauncee - I should have known better! Even the best of us can still mess up.
ingredients:

1. PETROLATUM:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
2. Paraffin
3.Microcrystalline wax
4. Lanolin
5.Tocopheryl Acetate
6. Fragrance

WHAT WAS I THINKING!!!!:wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:

ok this is officially trash!

Esq.2B

From wikipedia:

Lanolin is a unique natural substance derived from the greasy coating on raw wool. It is an all-natural, highly effective substance which acts as a moisture barrier and lubricant. Its unique properties have been recognised for centuries, and have not, as yet, been possible for scientists to duplicate.

Lanolin is secreted from a sheep’s sebaceous glands and acts as a waterproofer to protect the sheep’s wool from the elements.

And then I found this:

http://www.specialchem4cosmetics.com/services/editorials.aspx?id=2171

Lanolin is a by-product of wool grease. It is extracted from the wool after the sheep has had its wool removed resulting in no harm to the animal. The wool grows back and can be reshaved. So sheep's wool serves 2 purposes, wool used in the production of clothing and the grease as a highly effective cosmetic ingredient. It is high in sterols (mainly cholesterol and lanosterol) and is a very good water-in-oil emulsifier. It is an excellent moisturizer and has very high absorption capabilities for water. In a cosmetic application it can bind with water and keep the skin soft and moist. Many of lanolin's derivatives are multi-functional. Lanolin has been applied to human skin from at least as early as Egyptian times. But every novice cosmetic chemist knows that lanolin is a sensitizer and can cause allergic reactions. This is common for many natural ingredients. This is the only drawback I see for this ingredient.

HTH.

The Girl

I think the parafin(=wax) is more of the culprit. I used the Elasta QP before and loved it but it will build up on ya. Just my 2 cents.