Question about curls (on straight hair)

jazzybklyn

Im relaxed and I have a show on Sunday and decided I want to wear my hair curly something like the pic I will post at the end. I think I might go to the salon to have this done I'm not sure. What do u ladies think is the best method flex rods, regular rollers that are smaller than my hair length or a curling iron? Also how do I sleep?! Just throw on my satin bonnet? Lol im clueless

image-1009304461.jpg

Your Cheeziness

Flexirods will give the longest lasting curls. Pin curls keep the shape of the curl while you sleep. I sleep in some flexirods, depending on the size. They're not that terribly uncomfortable, but it just depends on the size, placement, and number used.

Your Cheeziness

@Your Cheeziness What did you do for the curls in your siggy?

That was a fresh blowdry and flat iron curl. I get the best hold and bounciest style when I use minimal product and curl my hair in medium sections right after blow drying. I don't go through and smooth in small sections, then curl. I just blow dry, then take chunks and curl it. Lasts me about a week and a half with pincurl maintenance.

In my avi, I used more product and smoothed first then curled. I'm sure you can see the difference in volume.

jazzybklyn

Your Cheeziness said:
Flexirods will give the longest lasting curls. Pin curls keep the shape of the curl while you sleep. I sleep in some flexirods, depending on the size. They're not that terribly uncomfortable, but it just depends on the size, placement, and number used.

Ok thanks..I doubt I could sleep in flexirods I hate discomfort in my head when I'm sleeping, hopefully my pin curls come out okay

SeeLexus

Satin sponge rollers work great!!! Also the wrap snap n and go rollers. They are like soft cotton flexing rods.