Ques. about Dove

chocolate01

I have been on the hunt for a good moisturizing conditioner that I could use everytime I wash my hair for a while now but still haven't found one. My cousin gave me a bottle of the Dove intense moisture conditioner but I have yet to try it. My ques. is has anyone tried this particular conditioner and what are your opinoins. Also would you consider this a "regular" coditioner or more of a deep conditioner. Also if anyone could suggest some other moisturizing conditoiners that I could use on a weekly basis. I am a college student so more moderatly priced products are what im looking for. Thanks in advance

I JUST got it TODAY!!!
clap.gif

I was wondering myself if anyone has used it. I ordered some samples some time ago and I LOVE the conditioner, it has GREAT slip! Im natural and I have fine but thick hair I have to tell you that a little went a LONG way, and for me thats NEVER the case.
spinning.gif

Dove is very moisturizing. I have been using it daily for a month now. I switch on and off with Kenra Moisturizing Conditioner. I think Dove would be considered a regular conditioner. Kenra is a bit pricy...anywhere from $10-$14. Dove would be a more economical conditioner.

Kenra is a great conditioner (thank you ladies for the recc). It has good slip.. it's very thick..and it smells good too. Kenra and Dove leave my hair soft. I started adding honey in both...and they both leave my hair very shiny.
If you do a search there are a few posts about Dove and Kenra.
smile.gif

Try doing a search in the subject line only for "Dove" and you should get a pretty extensive post about this product. A lot of forum members really like it...
smile.gif

Unfortunately, I'm not one of them.
frown.gif
This conditioner didn't do anything more for my hair than the cheapie V05 ones (which cost 1/5 of the price of Dove), so I won't be repurchasing. However, everyone else but me seems to love it, so I hope it works out for you.

It works great in terms of Moisture and slip.

For me it gives my hair moisture in the same way as dove soap does for my skin.

Dove (IMO) can't even touch Kenra. I have mine up for swap...If it doesn't get swapped away, I may give it another chance...

I didn't like it. It tangled my hair, but my hair did have a nice shine. Conversely, my "hair buddy" loves it and I gave it to her.

I love it! I have been using it for about 3-4 weeks now. I have used it as a deep conditioner also with pretty good results. I am looking for a big bottle that way I dont have to go to Duane Reade so often to buy it. Dove along with CON shampoo gives u silky soft hair.

I like it and got great results with it for my conditioner washes. Used it daily for almost 2 weeks when I was 10 weeks post relaxer and wearing braid outs daily. It moisturized my new growth well and my hair felt moiturized after it was dry. Its a keeper and worth every penny.

I just tried the intense moisturizing shampoo and the conditioner and I thought it was very good. The only thing that I found weird about it was the fact that the shampoo gave me more slip than the conditioner
ohwell.gif

Interesting that you should start this thread as I just used this for the second time last night. The first time I used it months ago, I didn't like it, but I ran out of Humecto and needed something to use in a pinch. I am in the minority here but I REALLY don't like it at all. At first putting it on it felt heavenly with loads of slip etc. Even up to the point where it first dried my hair felt moisturized and GREAT. However once it fully dried, my hair felt like a dry stack of hay and frizz. IMO not a good feel whatsoever and this product is not for my hair. However most people seem to like it so maybe it's just my weird hair. HTH

I tried and actually I like but I was a little disappointed I thought it would give a lot more slip than it did. Dont get me wrong it did have some slip but I guess I got a little over excited and then experienced some disappointment. But I will definetly be keeping it..maybe i'll mix some with some olive oil or honey and see what happens.

I tried the foaming conditioner...mostly because I liked the foam! I don't love it. I think I still might try the other kinds in the line though...

Back