Quality Hair Shears?

iLurk

For those of you that self cut, what shears do you use and how much did it cost? I know the super high end stuff costs over $100 and I don't think I afford that much but I will def spend over $20 for a decent pair.

I use to purchase the Tweezerman Shears from Folica.com. They have since stop selling them. I'm going to get them from Sally's now. They're roughly $25-$30, but well worth it.

I'll try to see if I can locate the exact name for you.

I used a pair that cost less than $10 from the drugstore. I think it was Conair brand. They seemed pretty dull but my hair remained split free for a good while. I last trimmed in like February. I will trim again sometime this summer.

I was lucky enough to inherit my shears from an uncle. I have no idea of their price. I've had them for years and I only use them to cut human hair and they are still super sharp. I bought another pair (just to have some different ones) for around £60 but they do not come close. Talk about dud buy.

Edited for corrections.

Last edited:
Walgreens sells Tweezerman shears. If you catch one of their 20% off sales you can get a good deal. They are very nice shears.

Back