Qhemet alternatives

I've seen a few folks comment on a SheScentIt product that is comparable to QB. Let me do a search and find that thread...BRB

I found it. Turns out I asked a similar question last year. I was looking for replacements for BRBC & CTDG. Here was the reply I received:

I have not used all the products in either brand, but of what I have used, the Marshmallow Hemp (I think that's what it's called) is most similar in texture to The Burdock Root Butter Cream/CTDG.

The Seyani Butter and the Coco Cream leave in are markedly different in texture. I think they are different in results. Not saying that one is better. Just that my hair prefers the shescentit products over the Qhemet. You will have to try them out and see what your hair likes.

I recommend those three products: coco cream leave in, seyani butter, and the marshmallow one... (forget the complete name.)

I never got around to trying SSI. Instead I just purchase my QB products from Sage until Qhemet re-opens.

Last edited:
nothing compares to those products but Ive found a few "in the mean time" replacement combos that give similar enough results

1. HV whipped clouds or red tea LI sealed with castor oil
2. Purabody Naturals Muru Muru Moisture Milk sealed with castor oil

You can probably purchase from Sage Neutraceuticals (sp?). I think they are stocked biweekly.

nothing compares to those products but Ive found a few "in the mean time" replacement combos that give similar enough results

1. HV whipped clouds or red tea LI sealed with castor oil
2. Purabody Naturals Muru Muru Moisture Milk sealed with castor oil

SimJam
Is it just me or can't you also glide your hand on hair while applying castor oil ? everyone says castor oil is a great alternatives to quemet for maintain moisture, but the "touch" is not smooth :ohwell:

I wouldn't trust Amazon for boutique hair products. :nono: And that markup is ridiculous.

I recently tried and finished a jar of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I think it's amazing. For me it leaves my hair moisturized just as well as Qhemet. It's $10 and easily available so IMO I think it's worth a try.

FYI it does have shea butter and I know many people are attracted to Qhemet because they don't use shea butter. My hair can be picky with shea butter as well, but this product is fine for me.

Why is Heavenly Scent buying Qhemet stuff and selling it at Amazon? Please. I will continue to get my goodies from Qhemet Napata . I haven't found any moisturizer that compares.

Krystle~Hime I totally get what you mean about the smoothness (going on the hair) of Qhemets products.....while castor oil can sometimes have a slightly sticky feel.

but once I have a thick enough LI under the castor oil, it smooths on well:lick:

SimJam
interesting.... the only time i have smoothness was when I oil rinse but putting hot water on hair before castor oil.. I mean.. Am I supposed to burn myself for loving castor oil ? LOL
I will try to put a thick leave in before castor oil, I have something as thick as Sitrinillah.

Napata restocks Sage Naturalceuticals about twice a week, so it should be available in a few days.

If you keep track of the Qhemet thread in the vendor forum or follow her on Facebook, she'll let you know when everything is restocked. :yep:

Arian said:
Checking this thread because the AOHC does not work for my hair anymore...

It did for mine too. Now I'm back to the burdock root cream and their twist butter.

Sent From Mah Phone

Napata restocks Sage Naturalceuticals about twice a week, so it should be available in a few days.

If you keep track of the Qhemet thread in the vendor forum or follow her on Facebook, she'll let you know when everything is restocked. :yep:

I wanted to try some stuff and was able to get it pretty quickly after deciding to buy once I figured out what dates she re-stocked. Sage's shipping is much faster than Qhemet's ever was. Also, 3Sisters Beauty Supply (very unimaginative name by the way) carries Qhemet stuff.

Last edited:
@SimJam
Is it just me or can't you also glide your hand on hair while applying castor oil ? everyone says castor oil is a great alternatives to quemet for maintain moisture, but the "touch" is not smooth :ohwell:

Krystle~Hime

Cutting the castor oil with another oil effectively eliminates the tacky feeling and replaces it with a smooth softness (my oil mixtures are always made up of a large castor base with assorted oils).

To answer the OP, I was able to eliminate my need for Qhemet AOHC & BRBC with a high performing leave-in (DB Daily) sealed with my castor oil mix.

I was just looking at Qhemet products in my favorite health food store today. Have you all checked if you can get it on the ground? I wanted to buy something but really didn't know what to get. I bought the AOHC a while ago but don't really know how to use it.

Use the AOHC as a moisturizer, twisting cream, or leave in. hth

I was just looking at Qhemet products in my favorite health food store today. Have you all checked if you can get it on the ground? I wanted to buy something but really didn't know what to get. I bought the AOHC a while ago but don't really know how to use it.

Checking this thread because the AOHC does not work for my hair anymore...

I find that I have to switch up aohc and brbc at different times of the year (seasons). Aohc works better for me in the colder months and brbc in the warmer months.

I wouldn't trust Amazon for boutique hair products. :nono: And that markup is ridiculous.

I recently tried and finished a jar of Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie and I think it's amazing. For me it leaves my hair moisturized just as well as Qhemet. It's $10 and easily available so IMO I think it's worth a try.

FYI it does have shea butter and I know many people are attracted to Qhemet because they don't use shea butter. My hair can be picky with shea butter as well, but this product is fine for me.

CocoT I havent tried QB yet (on my wish list), but my super duper dry as the desert transitioning hair responded very well to the Shea Moisture smoothie after trying several other products and combo of products. I love it! I will still try QB when Napata opens back up though. I really wanted to get a sample size to try first and sage doesnt carry them.

Arian, if you are interested in selling the rest of your AOHC hit me up via PM :)

Back