Q: Anything better than a MAXIGLIDE?

Sweetyb

I'm wondering if the MAXIGLIDE was just a craze, or if it's the real deal. I got one and still need to work on getting my hair to stay straight past 20 min after straightening! So I'm wondering if it's the iron or my technique/products used.

In anyone's personal experience, have you tried the MAXIGLIDE in the past and found a MUCH better straightening iron, or is the MAXIGLIDE the best one so far??

sprungonhairboards

I LOVED my Maxiglide until those pins started pulling out my hair so I got a Sedu. The MG can NOT mess with it! No comparison. I Looooove my Sedu. I have'nt used the MG since.

Twisties

Wow, this is funny - 2 post in one day about Maxiglide. I just started one about its reliablity and Candiss said it's being revamped and a new model will be coming out soon. I think I will just get another brand though even though lots of ladies did have good results with it.

Nightingale

On the Grow and Keeping it Simple
I like my chi, but honestly the technique is much more important than the brand. I worry about the teeth in the Maxi, thats why I couldnt get one.

Sweetyb

nubianqt86 said:
I like my chi, but honestly the technique is much more important than the brand.

bump

Very true. I think longer deep conditioning sessions and more moisturizing products has helped me to get better presses. ;)

secretdiamond

BUMPING

I've decided that I hate the Maxiglide. It leave my hair soooo dry and breaking every where. My hair feels like straw.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, which flat iron has made your hair literally feel like silk and stay that way? The sedu????? TIA.

Also, any cheaper irons out there that do a great job?

If this question had been answered before, please direct me to the link. Thanks again.

KAT25

BUMPING

I've decided that I hate the Maxiglide. It leave my hair soooo dry and breaking every where. My hair feels like straw.

Has anyone else experienced this? If so, which flat iron has made your hair literally feel like silk and stay that way? The sedu????? TIA.

Also, any cheaper irons out there that do a great job?

If this question had been answered before, please direct me to the link. Thanks again.

Conair has one that is cheap and you can get from Wal-Mart that is really good It is yellow and black heats up quick and doesn't pull gives a nice silky shine (don't drop it though) but I am upgrading and just ordered my self a FHI :grin: so after I receive and use will give a update.

ladytq

My Solia arrive today, I tested it out on a small portion of my hair all I can say is WOW!!!. It heats up to 450 degrees. My hair straighten bone straight at 370, then I lowered it down to around 350 perfect for me! It heats in 30 second and no snags whatsoever!!!

GIRL you got to get you one of these!!!!

gimbap

Conair has one that is cheap and you can get from Wal-Mart that is really good It is yellow and black heats up quick and doesn't pull gives a nice silky shine (don't drop it though) but I am upgrading and just ordered my self a FHI :grin: so after I receive and use will give a update.

I used to have this flat iron, it worked well. But I dropped it on the ground HARD, and the next time I plugged it into the wall it started smoking!
Another good cheap flat iron is Andis. I got it from Wal Mart for about $15. Did the job, but now my Solia does it better :yep:

seraphim712

My Solia arrive today, I tested it out on a small portion of my hair all I can say is WOW!!!. It heats up to 450 degrees. My hair straighten bone straight at 370, then I lowered it down to around 350 perfect for me! It heats in 30 second and no snags whatsoever!!!

GIRL you got to get you one of these!!!!

I'm trying to get my sister to buy me one for my birthday on Sunday:look:

So far she said she'll think about it...

I was contemplating between the Maxipad...er...I mean Maxiglide and the Solia; but after hearing Navsegda and looking at the picture results on Folica.com I say that the Solia is the winner. Plus looking at the five star ratings and over 2000 comments compared to the Maxiglide's three star ratings and only 600 comments, I would say Solia is definately the winner.