Maxiglide vs Joico Vapor iron!!!!!!!

hola_lo2002

HEllo to all of you who are using the new Joico vapor iron. I was wondering which one was better between the maxiglide and the vapor iron. Also, do you think that the results would be the same if the vaporfuel was used with the maxiglide? I almost read all the pages of the Joico flat iron thread but no one really answered that question. THanks for replying,

Anacaona

Well I don't have either (crying) but from the comments I read, so far the Vaporiron has been getting 100% positive reviews, with ladies saying that their hair feels healthier after using it. The maxiglide gets great reviews too as it uses steam to straighten though not 100% positive like the vaporiron. Some people also claim that it works better on natural hair and the optional plates with the teeth can rip the hair out if not used properly. Overall, I would probably bet on the Vaporiron (even though it's steeper).

Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

hola_lo2002

Thanks for the info!! That flat iron is so expensive though... That's why i'm desperately trying to find an alternative to it. I also started looking at the Babyliss Pro TT Steam Straightener, which is a little less expensive that the Vapor iron

Anacaona

I'm in the same boat, I couldn't get that $100 deal on eBay and the cheapest I could find elsewhere is $150.00. I'm desperate to find something good to help me transition w/o the BC so in the end I might go ahead and just buy the Vaporiron.

Mzz Mac

I actually have both but I've only used each one once.
The vapor iron sort of isolates the vapor directly to the hair and you can get close to the roots without the risk of getting burned.
Since you aren't supposed to close the plates together completely with the maxiglide, the steam is released on the hair and the steam also comes out the sides. I guess this is why it isn't suggested using the steam when close to the roots (steam burn).

I like both irons but I am leaning more towards the joico.