Purchasing Henna in Atlanta

Lady Esquire

Hey Fellow Atlantans,
I know that I can easily order henna online, but I am curious where the Indian or East Asian stores are located in the Atlanta Metro Region. I am moving from Marietta to Roswell this weekend. But I am willing to drive anywhere in the ATL Metro, to learn all the different spots of the city.

Thanks.

Ciao!:)

luvlylibra22

There is a place called, I believe, Taj Mahal Imports on North Druid Hills. It's about five minutes from Buckhead, kind of in the direction of Emory.

blackbarbie

Can't think of the name of the place, but there is an Indian Grocery store on Paces Ferry Road. I have to go by on Monday so I will get the name of it and will post back.

I get my Dabur Vatika Oil there and yes, they do have several brands of henna and unbelievably cheap prices.

ETA: Sorry that should have been POWERS FERRY ROAD. lmjenk67 just made me realize that it's actually Powers Ferry when she was giving the directions to the other place.

Last edited:

Lady Esquire

i have been looking at the online stores, but i was curious to see what other indian prods were out, to browse their shelves for the oils and other stuff. plus, it is good to know what is in your own back yard.

LuvlyLibra, thanks for the info, i will check the taj mahal on druid hill as soon as i am settled into my new place.

BlackBarbie, paces ferry road and what intersection?...I pass that road quite often.

thanks again!;)

Last edited:

indefinite

There's an indian store next to hair images. It is in the shopping center next to Target on Druid HIlls. Hair images website is www.hairimages.com. They thread there. Every sister in Atlanta goes there, lol. You can mapquest the directions. There is also a big mart on Lawrenceville highway. It's by North Dekalb Mall. Actually that entire area is dominated by indian establishments.

lmjenk67

There is a Indian store on Terrell Mill Rd (near the intersection of Powers Ferry Rd) called Sangam Video (misleading name because they have a lot of different products). It is next to Pizza Hut. Coming off Powers Ferry, it is on the right but coming from Terrell Mill via Cobb Pkwy, it will be on your left.

1480-D TERRELL MILL RD. TERRELL PLAZA
MARIETTA, GA-30067

blackbarbie

lmjenk67 said:
There is a Indian store on Terrell Mill Rd (near the intersection of Powers Ferry Rd) called Sangam Video (misleading name because they have a lot of different products). It is next to Pizza Hut. Coming off Powers Ferry, it is on the right but coming from Terrell Mill via Cobb Pkwy, it will be on your left.

1480-D TERRELL MILL RD. TERRELL PLAZA
MARIETTA, GA-30067

Ooh, I have seen that place and never knew what it really was!!!

LadyEsquire, the one I am talking about is when you come to the intersection of Terrell Mill and Powers Ferry (coming FROM Cobb Parkway), take a left, go down and cross over Delk Road, keep going and the very next major intersection you get to, there will be a little Indian Plaza over to your right and a gas station on the left. (there is also some type of used import car dealership right after the indian plaza that sits on the very corner of the intersection). I think this may be exit 259 if you are coming off the highway but I am not sure.

chicamorena

There are alot of Indian stores in the Decatur area over by the Dekalb Medical Center. The 2 that I go to are Cherians on Dekalb Industrial Way and Patel Brothers on Church Street.

lmjenk67

blackbarbie said:
Ooh, I have seen that place and never knew what it really was!!!

LadyEsquire, the one I am talking about is when you come to the intersection of Terrell Mill and Powers Ferry (coming FROM Cobb Parkway), take a left, go down and cross over Delk Road, keep going and the very next major intersection you get to, there will be a little Indian Plaza over to your right and a gas station on the left. (there is also some type of used import car dealership right after the indian plaza that sits on the very corner of the intersection). I think this may be exit 259 if you are coming off the highway but I am not sure.

Yeah, the "video" in the name is really confusing! The prices are very cheap! I think I've seen the one that you go to as well (near 120 Loop/Roswell Rd) if I'm not mistaken).

Lissa0821

Thanks so much for this discussion of finding henna locally here in the ATL. I am still on the fence of whether to try it or not, but at least I know there are stores right around the corner from where I live. Thanks again.;)

Lady Esquire

thank you so much ladies. i am still pretty new here, so i will have to mapquest every single store you all suggested to figure out which one is closer to me....thanks again!!:)