Pssst come n!!...i need help

HairTemptress

Ladies i really need some help, im in college and i need to make a regime with the things i have...which isnt alot.lol. I mostly wet bun, if im feeling dangerous i do a braid out :drunk:.i wet bun for 9 mo. and my hair grew significantly. So i say if it aint broke why fix it. The only problem i had with it was it was extremly dry.:sad:

SHAMPOOS
1. Creme of Nature: Sunflower and Coconut Detangling Cndtioning Shampoo

CONDITIONERS
1. Garnier Fructis: Fortifying Cream Conditioner
2.Garnier Fructis: Fortifying Cream Cnditiner, Triple Moisture
3. Dove: intense Damage Therapy Shampoo

EXTRA:
1. Coconut Oil
2. Shea Butter ( a little left)
3. Jojoba Oil
4. BioSilk: Silk Therapy

JUST ORDERED (for the first time):
1. Honeyquat
2. Silk Amino Acid

Help please, i need the most moisturizing regime, because i airdry. Thanks in advance.:grin:

BostonMaria

if im feeling dangerous i do a braid out
:lachen:

Hysterical!

Garnier Fructis products make my hair dry as heck. Not sure which ingredient does this for me. Is it possible for you to change to a different conditioner if that's whats causing the problem? Infusium same thing, makes my hair very dry.

You're using great oils so keep doing what you're doing. I am currently using butters and I find that it helps with the dryness. My hair is very dry too and I use shea butter and target the specific dry areas. What do you do with the coconut oil? I pre-poo but I also add some in my conditioners or mix it with olive oil to make a hot oil treatment. If money is limited because you're in college you can also do egg protein treatments and those are easy to do. You can do a search on Youtube.

BTW your hair is very pretty

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I DC with coconut oil. That has been enough for me for the most part. I don't even need detangler. When you airdry I suggest you use your leave in or oil on your hair (especially your ends) because for me airdrying tends to ravage my ends. In the mean time just rotate your products to get the right fit. It's work, I know, but you'll get it.
I know the other girls, especially the ones who use saa and honeyquat, will chime in.
In the mean time hth :)

fitnessmommy

It looks like a great reggie - the thing that changed my life and gave me the most noticeable change of moisturized hair was my Roux Porosity Conditioner 30 second rinses at the end of every co-wash. Happy hair growing!

HairTemptress

you ladies are too much
@BostonMaria: Thank you so much, your hair is beyond gorgeous. Money is an issue right now, so im trying to work with what i have. You say GF dries out your hair, i have no idea if it does or doesnt dry out my hair becasue i airdry. when i airdry it drys..well dry. How exactly are you doing your hot oil treatments, and how can i dot it with the oils i have now?

@nymane: I appreciate it...girl im such a fan of co-washing, its the only thing that keeps my dryness in check. i have been using NTM leave in, i cant tell if its helped me or what?

@KW: im telling you i cant wait to get a regime that not only grows hari, but keeps it moisturized. its so much work finding one though.

@scampbell: you so crazy lol.... my regime isnt set in stone AT ALL...i went without a relaxer for 9 mo.. cowashed every few days with whatever i had on hand. leave in and oil. Washed, sometimes DC once a week. Gently wet bunned. Thats it.

@FitnessM: i tried Roux it didnt help me at all.

Ladies my hair hates everything, like it laughs at everything i throw at it. im really hoping the SAA and Honeyqaut helps.

vivEz daNs lamouR

If you can, I'd probably toss the Garnier Fructis and switch to Herbal Essences. I tried Garnier and it made my hair feel like straw. I personally LOVE Hello Hydration, as do a few others on here.

Also, try cowashing and leaving a bit of the conditioner in and then sealing with one of your oils. That has helped me retain a lot more moisture.

msa

-It doesn't look like you have a DC in there. You should be dcing on a consistent basis, even though you cowash. I know a lot of ladies like the different Cholesterol conditioners and they're like 3$ for big jars so you may want to try that. Some people also use them as a leave-in. I don't know how cheap Aussie is but a lot of people like the 3 min or the Deeep (I can't remember which one) as a dc.

-Make sure you're shampooing often enough to remove buildup so that it's not blocking out moisture.

-You can do hot oil treatments with coconut oil. You could just slather a lot on, put on a cap, and then use heat on top or a hot towel to help it penetrate. I put a bunch of coconut oil on my dry hair before I wash it and that helps my hair stay soft and easy to detangle.

-Leave something in your hair when you wet bun. Regular conditioner is fine. Or you could use coconut oil (it makes my hair dry pretty soft).

HairTemptress

@ VDL: i tried HE , i dont think it helped or hindered me in any way. Should i give it another try? I hav just recently tried leaving a bit of conditioner in and i can see an improvement with that..soo thanks.

HairTemptress

@MSA: thanks for the input, i do need to get up on my DC game. i also want to try hot oil treatments, do you do this before or after you wash?, i also shampoo once a week.

msa

@MSA: thanks for the input, i do need to get up on my DC game. i also want to try hot oil treatments, do you do this before or after you wash?, i also shampoo once a week.

I don't do mine hot, but that's because coconut oil works well by itself.

I do it anytime my hair is going to be wet (so if I'm going to wash or if I'm going swimming). Basically I'll just slather the coconut oil on my dry hair, put it in a ponytail, put on a cap, and leave it until I'm ready to wash. Sometimes that's 15 minutes and sometimes it's a few hours.

HairTemptress

@ MSA: Thanks so much..i will try this weekend

Thanks for the response form all you ladies, but does anyone have suggestions on the Honeyquat and SAA???