My hair just attacked me!!

HairTemptress

So its 3 in the morning and i just finished writeing aTEN PAGE paper for my African Lit class and i decide im going to take a shower. Ive had in a two day old bantu kno set on my hair an it started to look crazy, so i also decide to cowash my hair and bun it. I have used the other garnier fructis but never this one.

I use the new garnier fructis conditioner...

I bought this a long time ago, but i just havent used it.. so i decide to use it. Im about to move out of my dorm to go back home so the less bottles i have the better.I wet my hair and slapped some of this on my head.

My hair started growleing and screaming at me like...."Hair Temptress what do you think your doing!!!":blush:

Ladies it was knotted and hard to comb through. i had to work the comb through more than ive everr had too. My hair almost felt stripped, and like it was stuck together. Every strand of my hair was screaming "WHY?!?":perplexed

Now my hairs mad at me i can tell...darn!!!:wallbash:

Now tmrrow i have to go to CVS and buy another conditioner, im trying toget rid of bottles and now im going to buy another on.:sad:

:grin:..................................Any suggestions???................................:grin:

I need a condionitioner that i can cowash with everry day and make my hair stop being mad at me...:rolleyes:

(Have any of you ladies tried the New Garnier Fructis and hated it???)

Tamster

hey.. I'm new on the board:look:

but I'm sorry ur hair is mad, I'm up late too doing work and packing for a weekend away. I am so glad you posted this because I was just about to buy that same conditioner!!!

I don't have time to worry about stripped hair after a cowash... I'm really enjoying my suave humectant :yep:... it was cheap cheap cheap perhaps you could get that? :perplexed

~NanCeBoTwin~

Sorry OP, I had a similar situation a month or so ago when I tried "the juice" and Silicon Mix....my hair cursed me out!!!

Anyway, I'm a lover of Aussie Moist myself. My siggy will tell you how far post I am, I guess about 4 1/2 months or so. I've used it religiously for a little over a year now.

When I first started my HHJ and cowashing I used to use the GF Wonder Waves, that was cool for a while. But then I ventured out to V05, Suave Humectant and AM. Out of the three AM gives me the most slip and my hair loves it, my second fav would be the Suave Humectant. I tend to only use the V05 for rinsing after doing a tea rinse.

I've also been trying out the Tresemme Moisture Conditioner with vitamin E, and I'm falling in love with it as well. It gives me the same results that AM does.

Good Luck OP.

WorkInProgress88

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

but yea, i tried the new GF line and hated it, left my hair tangled and stripped...i use Aussie Moist and Giovanni Smooth As Silk to Co Wash

NIN4eva

Yes, that new garnier fructis line (triple nutrition) is horrible. I used to like their dc in the jar years ago. But I've given up on that line.

CaliDiamond

Yes, that new garnier fructis line (triple nutrition) is horrible. I used to like their dc in the jar years ago. But I've given up on that line.

I second this about Garnier...It left my hair dry dry dry. You should try Trader Joe's Nourish Spa for everyday co-washing if there is one near your area. It is cone-free and provides excellent moisture and slip. You can't beat the price either! - $3

angelc

My hair doesn't like Garnier Fructis either :nono: ... I'm in week 31 of my transition. It reacted much in the same way as yours did!

I use the Suave Naturals in Tropical Coconut and V05 Moisture Milks in Strawberries and Cream. I *love* them both and the added benefit is that they are not very expensive.

The CVS in my area has the V05 conditioners on sale in my area for only 66 cents until Sunday 4/25/10. :yay: Time to stock up!

Last edited:

mscocoface

Yeah it is wicked ugly when you have a product go Rambo on you and you have to play Special Forces with it.

Garnier has not worked for me well.

30something

If your going to CVS you should get either Tresemme smooth & silky or Herbal essences long term relationship or anything from those bands.

I never tried garnier fructis, always found their packaging color obnoxious.

LaFemmeNaturelle

Girl my hair threw a FIT when I tried Aussie Moist, Suave Humectant, Suave Almond Shea butter, Aussie 3 minute miracle, renpure organics, and hello hydration

You need to find a TRUSTY condish and stick with it! Try with Vo5 (it never fails) since it's so cheap and suave naturals is relatively cheap too. Those are my staples and they always undo the damage that the above conditioners have done!

Other conditioners I love are Tresemme Moisture Rich or whatever its called and HE Hydralicious. I'm 5 months post as well!

Last edited:

blackindia07

I tried it once or twice years ago...left my hair in dreads! My hair was so matted together I considered just cutting it off rather than try to detangle it.

choctaw

wow ... a hair smackdown

HE LTR is nice. I have never used the VO5 conditioners before but they are on sale at CVS so I picked up a couple to try. I tried a Garner Fructis mousse and my curls sounded like Rice Krispies :nono:

Crystalicequeen123

Hmm...funny, I just used the Garnier Fructis conditioner in the green bottle and my hair LOVED it! :grin: It gave me such incredible slip. :yep:

I'm only 2 months post though. So maybe that has something to do with it.

I agree though, find a staple and stick with it! :up: