PSA, Still trying to find products? or Have you found them?

MissMusic

PSA, Still trying to find products? or Have found them?

To ladies out there who are still trying to find the best products for their hair and for ladies who have found their products and need a reminder: This is what has worked for me and what I try to remember when I decide to try a new product.

LOOK AT THE LABEL! Check out the ingredients. If you have to, write them down. When a product doesn't work for you, remember ingredients, then compare those ingredients with the other products that didn't work for you. You will find some commomnalities. Do the same for products that WORK for you. Then use this as a basis for trying any new product.

Also, learn what products do to hair. Not all alcohols are bad for the hair, some people's hair enjoys mineral oil, some people's hair hate's sulfates. Not all sulfates are bad, etc.

So, check out ingredients. They are the key to your hair's survival and can prevent potential disasters and/or setbacks.

HTH!!!

Last edited:

JustKiya

Excellent suggestions!!! That's how I pick all of my products - not by the reviews here (though the reviews might make me interested :lol: ) but by the ingredient listing. :yep: Automatically keeps the PJ in check, too.

Bronxcutie

I'm a bit confused by all this talk about "cones"? What are they, and how to I spot them on the label?

chebaby

this is so true. i've noticed that products with avocado oil and coconut oil work really well on my hair. also products that are moistly natural(doesnt have to be all natural) does wonders for my hair.
mineral oil doesnt bother my hair too much because my staple leave in is keracare cream hairdress and nothing works better for my hair.

MissMusic

I'm a bit confused by all this talk about "cones"? What are they, and how to I spot them on the label?

When people speak of cones they usually mean silicones

From MizaniMami: Here is the deal with cones: They are liquid wax that provides the hair with sheen and softness, and in most cases "slip." They aren't bad but they can buildup and cause true moisture to not be able to penetrate the hair strands. Did I mention that they are not moisturizing. But the good thing about cones is they can be taken out, by clarifying.

The only caution as far as cones are concerned is to say, you do not want them as the main ingredient, other than that, everyone's hair is different and they might work for you.

Softresses blog post all about it:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/blog.php?b=417

Last edited: