Protein gel

curleeq

I get crazy thoughts in my head all the time, so here we go :grin: I have never done a protein treatment and I never used a conditioner with protein in it. However whenever I wear my out I do use ecostyler protein gel. Not that I have any problems with my hair, but I was thinking maybe because the protein in the gel also acts the same as if I did use a conditioner with protein in it? What do you guys think?

Qualitee

I dont think it does because when you use a protein treatment to have to wash it right out but Protein gel stays their for days there for casuing breakage in your hair:ohwell: When I use gel I make sure I moisturize those spots where the gel will be applied. It workes really well. You hair stays soft but it still sticks down. Or maybe you can try aloe gel HTH

Last edited:

LadyEuphoria007

I use the protein gel but I wash almost daily so for me it's only in a day at the most and then it's been washed out.

I haven't noticed breakage from this gel :ohwell: and it doesn't have to be used to achieve that slick look all time. I've seen it applied and used other ways in salons.

I was wondering the same thing that the OP mentioned. Maybe it's just a lighter protein?:perplexed

This gel has a bad rep but it's really not that bad of a product IMO.

curleeq

Maybe I should have stated. I don't use the gel to slick my hair down. I use for wash and gos. And I also use a moisturizing leave in under it. I just didn't know it helped strengthen your hair like it does if you do a treatment.