Protein for Relaxed Ladies

Which is best for relaxed hair?

• Total voters

Pinkicey

I am going to be dying my hair next week, and I am looking for a good protein treatment. Have any relaxed ladies used these protein treatments?

Nexxus Emergencee
ORS Hair Mayo
Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener
Aphogee

Which one is the best?

FelaShrine

^komaza and nexxus are both good.

komaza is a strong one so make sure you use a moisturizing dc after.

if you cant wait for shipping, if an ulta is near you (or any place wioth Redken products) the Redken Extreme Builder is a really good one as well. blue jar

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I selected Nexxus Emergencee.

Komaza is also good (based on the Selections you Posted).

I've had the Aphogee 2 Step performed at the Salon, but I have never used it at home.

nymane

I swear by Aphogee 2 step for restoring strength to my relaxed hair.

I didn't care for Nexxus Emergencee and I haven't tried the Komaza Protein Hair Strengthener

Rozlewis

Of the ones you listed I like the Komaza Protein Strengthener. A few others I like are Hairveda's Methi Setiva Protein Set, Claudie's Protein Renew (I think that's the name), and Mizani Kerafuse.

spellinto

I've used aphogee's 2 min (not 2 step) treatment which is very mild and works well. I've also used the ORS hair mayo, but I didn't like the weird little pieces in it....I prefer the ORS replenishing conditioner, which is also a mild protein conditioner.

Last edited:

demlew

My favorite is Nutress! It looks and smells like a minty green toothpaste, but I love it because it has moisturizing properties so there's no need for a separate DC. Plus, it's sold in small packets for less than $2 at Sally's.

n_vizion

Take a look into Pure Protein. It comes in a tiny bottle and is meant to be mixed with your fave conditioner. My hair doesn't like strong proteins but this never gives me that "stiff hair" feeling. The hair feels stronger and I can use as little or as much as I want (whenever I need). Best of all, I don't have to buy additional conditioners to get my protein, just mix it with what I currently have.