Protein Drinks

thepoet

Hey er'body. I went today and purchased a protein drink. It has enzymes in it to help in digesting. I got it because I was asking about using them to help in weight loss. So anyway I bought a bucket of it and he said to me that I should see weight loss in the first month.

But he also said that I will start to see my hair and nails really growing. REALLY? My hair is short now and I'm growing it out ...again. I bought some prenatals and biotin today too, and I'm gonna finish my MSM's. So to hear that something I'm using to aid in weight loss will grow my hair....yay! I'm finna grow me some hair! :grin:

Has anyone else used protein drinks and experienced hair growth?

Oh, sorry if this has been discussed before. I don't know when I'll be able to read all 76 thousand threads. Yawl on here doin it!

*Muffin*

I've bought my protein powder a couple of weeks ago and have been taking it pretty much every morning in a smoothie, and I've noticed that my NG seems very thick and my nails are growing faster than usual. I want to hear from long-term protein users and see if they've noticed a difference in the rate of their hair growth :yep:.

Sarahh.

Yeah I tried getting more protein into my diet but I didn't stick to it for that long so I'm not really sure if I got good results.
I have heard people say that protein has increased their hair growth, but it's too much of a hassle for me.
I'm vegetarian so it's hard to find foods high in protein, I didn't like the taste of a few protein shakes I tried and protein bars are yum but quite expensive.
Anyway, hope it works for you and let us know how it goes.

Cheleigh

I haven't really notice a difference, but I'm significantly increasing my protein intake starting this week to correspond with a new workout program, so we'll see--I'll pay attention and let you know.

thepoet

Okay, I'll keep you guys posted too. I hope to have pics of my growth progress.
I got the large size and he told me that since I'm not body building, instead of using 3 scoops per serving I could used one scoop and drink it once or twice a day. So I think I'll do that.

Man, when I get done taking all the supplements I need there's not much room for food. But then again if the food was healthy we wouldn't need so many supplements.
But at 44 I have to do what I have to do.

trenise

I'm glad to hear about this. I'm going to startmy husbnd and myself on protein shakes next week. I was going to do it for body health reasons. It's good to hear it may have some hair benefit.

Mrs.Fitness

If you plan to take protein, be sure to maintain a healthy diet. Protein shakes tend to be high in carbs and/or sugar and will increase your weight if you arent dieting. It is not a miracle drink...lol. Also, stay away from MuscleMilk it is very high in sugar.

scarcity21

when i was working out and drinking protein shakes consistently I did notice my hair got thicker, it eventually grew longer but it got thicker 1st....remember to drink a lot of water if ur supplementing with protein ladies.

thepoet

Okay,these are helpful to me. I'm not using the full serving size because I'm only working out here and there. But I appreciate the note about the carbs. I'm using the GNC brand. Kinda expensive. I'll check around for a better price if this works. But also he said their brand wasn't as high in carbs and has enzymes to help break it down. But I'll double check the carbs and sugar though. I don't want to gain weight while growing hair and nails.

thepoet

I just checked and one serving size is 3 scoops to a glass of water. One serving has only 13 carbs and 5 grams of sugar. That's pretty good I think. So since I'm only using 1 scoop instead of 3 I'm getting less than that. That's good news for me because I'm monitoring my carbs and sugars.

I've gotten my prenatals and biotin too so to keep from overdoing the protein I'll take a break after I finish this one and see how it goes.

Mrs.Fitness

One shake a day, on the days that you dont work out should be okay. On the days that you do work out, you should drink the shake immediately after your workout.

2themax

Hey er'body. I went today and purchased a protein drink. It has enzymes in it to help in digesting. I got it because I was asking about using them to help in weight loss. So anyway I bought a bucket of it and he said to me that I should see weight loss in the first month.

But he also said that I will start to see my hair and nails really growing. REALLY? My hair is short now and I'm growing it out ...again. I bought some prenatals and biotin today too, and I'm gonna finish my MSM's. So to hear that something I'm using to aid in weight loss will grow my hair....yay! I'm finna grow me some hair! :grin:

Has anyone else used protein drinks and experienced hair growth?

Oh, sorry if this has been discussed before. I don't know when I'll be able to read all 76 thousand threads. Yawl on here doin it!

This will be my 2nd week of drinking whey protein. I heard that it makes the hair grow (and the nails also):yep: Haven't noticed any change yet, but if I do, I will definately post pics.