Bolthouse Farms Drinks and Hair Growth/Health...

A_Christian

I recently discovered a brand of drinks that have many hair-friendly ingredients. Bolthouse Farms has a protein drink, carrot juice, and a lot of other flavors like strawberry/banana etc.

The "Perfectly Protein" drink contains vanilla chai tea and soy protein and I'm loving the taste. The large 33.8oz bottles have 42 grams of protein, 200% Vitamin B6, 195% Vitamin B12, 20% Magnesium, 20% Zinc, and 15% Iron, no cholesterol etc...

I got it at a regular grocery store, has anyone else tried this brand of juice and do you like it ?

I love the taste of their carrot juice!
lick.gif

I love them I found them at Harry's. I saw them at Publix but they only had the small bottles. besides Harry's was cheaper. Tasty hmmmmmmmmmm

Re: Bolthouse Farms Drinks and Hair Growth/Health.

This is exactly the carrot juice I OD'd on!!!!!!!!!! I bought five of them last week now they're all gone. Today I picked up "Green Goodness", and "Passion Fruit" The green goodness stinks but It tastes okay...sorta like plant juice. It has phytonutirents in it.

I drink the carrot juice regularly and I'm am currently addicted to the strawberry/banana
lick.gif

I really like that fact that they just use the fruit/veggie and don't add all of the other crap.

I'm glad to hear that you all like this brand. I'm surprised I never knew about it before. It's nice to know that you all have been drinking it as well, sometimes I feel like a guinea pig when trying new things from the "healthfood section,"
laugh.gif
at least now I know the drinks won't cause the strange side effects some of the other drinks I've tried have.
smile.gif
Or will they ? Ayeshia, you said you started turning orange from too much of the carrot juice?
laugh.gif
I've read about that before. I might be next if I like the carrot juice as much as I like the protein drink.
laugh.gif

Soulchild, thanks for the link. That's another brand i never heard of until now. I'll see if I can find it the next time I go grocery shopping. Lol at their description of the color of the juice,
laugh.gif
but it sounds like it tastes good! :)

[ QUOTE ]
soulchild said:
This is not Bolthouse, but on the subject of juices I recently tried Superfoods by Odwalla and I loved it. It's the green one, towards the bottom http://www.bevnet.com/reviews/odwalla/

lick.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

I love that one....also the green one by Naked Foods. They sell them in most health food stores. They look rather odd, but taste great!!
lick.gif
smile.gif

yup I turned orange...not my entire body but mostly my lips and the palm of my hands
laugh.gif

<font color="purple">A Christian, I had tried the one with the carrot, apple, and passionfruit. My brother bought some from Kroger, and I tasted it as he drank his. I loved it so much, that I went ahead and bought it. I paid under $4.00 for the 1 quart size. I'm definetly going to buy this again, if my budget would allow. Toodles </font>

[ QUOTE ]
ayeshia said:
This is exactly the carrot juice I OD'd on!!!!!!!!!! I bought five of them last week now they're all gone. Today I picked up "Green Goodness", and "Passion Fruit" The green goodness stinks but It tastes okay...sorta like plant juice. It has phytonutirents in it.

[/ QUOTE ]

I love "Green Goodness"!!! It reminds of "Green Angel" by Nantucket Nectars. I used to drink "Green Angel" when I had major cramps--it would kill them immediately. "Green" tastes best over crushed ice!
smile.gif

I LOVE bolthouse the carrot juice!

I used to drink at least 2 containers per week, but that was before I knew anything about it growing hair. I'm so angry that Wal-Mart stopped carrying it. Now, I have to find a new place to buy it. It's actually less expensive than when I used to juice my own carrots.

Choco, I'm impressed that you like the Green Goodness. I tried it, but never get passed the garlic taste.

hmnn.. since the carrot juice challenge started I've been purchasing the Bolthouse Carrot Juice, the Passion fruit juice, and the Green Goodness..

and as for the Green Goodness, it tastes better than it looks for sure! and it has chlorella and spirulina (supposed to be superfoods)
smile.gif

I wished in lived in some of areas that you all live in. I am UNABLE to find ANY of these brands of juice ANYWHERE!

Natori, did you go to bolthouse.com

They have a zip code search feature.

I'll have to try these other flavors you all mentioned as well. I finally drank the carrot juice and it was really good! :)

[ QUOTE ]
webby said:
Natori, did you go to bolthouse.com

They have a zip code search feature.

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for suggestion Webby but you know when I went to site and typed in the state....of course there were "zero" records found which I already knew. I live in an area where I can't find many of the products that are discussed on this site. I have to find them and order online or never try them.

Blue Goodness has a ton of Biotin and other B vitamins and I get a noticeable increase in hair growth when I drink it but that's also the same reason I don't drink it much .. I also get noticeable and thicker growth in hair all over my body :nono:.

Drinking the smoothie is probably a more effective way to take Biotin, though it's probably way more expensive then taking the pills. At least you're getting nutritional benefits from the drink that Biotin alone doesn't offer.

Last edited:
these drinks are pasteurized( code word for cooked) why not make your own and get more nutrients? its cheaper to make your own as well.

these drinks are pasteurized( code word for cooked) why not make your own and get more nutrients? its cheaper to make your own as well.

Hmm.. from what I understand pasteurization kills bacteria and increases shelf life, I'm not sure if that has the same connotations as "cooking."

As for price - here are the ingredients for Blue Goodness as listed online: The Goodness Per Bottle: 31 blueberries; 1 1/4 blackberries; 1 banana; 3 3/4 apples; 1/4 lemon.

Apple Juice from Concentrate (Water, Apple Juice Concentrate), Banana Puree, Blueberry Juice from Concentrate (Water, Blueberry Juice Concentrate), Banana Juice from Concentrate (Water, Banana Juice from Concentrate), Dextrin (as Dietary Fiber), Natural Flavors, Blackberry Juice from Concentrate (Water, Blackberry Juice Concentrate), Inulin (as Dietary Fiber), Xanthan Gum (as Dietary Fiber), Natural Flavors, Vitamin C (Ascorbic Acid), Vitamin E (Tocopherol Acetate), Vitamin B3 (Niacin), Vitamin B5 (Pantothenic Acid), Vitamin B9 (Folic Acid), Vitamin B6 (Pyridoxine Hydrochloride), Vitamin B2 (Riboflavin), Vitamin B1 (Thiamin), Vitamin B7 (Biotin), Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin).

In many cases doing your own juicing is cheaper but in this case maybe not. Blueberries and blackberries are pricey, plus the time involved to mix and add things to get it to taste right. The $5 I pay for that 32oz bottle is a fair exchange for the time and ingredients.. at least for me it is.

I love them! Since I am too lazy to juice my own juice I buy their protein, carrot and green juice.

I just started drinking these last week, stole what my brother left in the fridge (was hungry :). Am addicted to the blackberry/blueberry/apple/banana. Good schtuff!

Anyone interested in starting a spinoff/challenge? Its difficult for me at the present since I only have internet via my cell. I just started on the carrot juice and could almost swear my hair seems fuller/heathier!

Back