Protein as prepoo?

sweetascocoa

Does anyone do their protein treatment before shampooing? what is the difference if you do it on washed hair? im thinking maybe all the products (moisturiser) i put before wash day wont let the reconstructor get into the hair?

HoneyDew

I do this once a week on the day that I DON'T deep condition. know of others that do, as well. I got the idea from macherie actually. I have been doing the treatment with a hot damp towel or terry turban.

It is just part of my routine to keep my hair strong since I don't do hardcore protein treatments like Emergencee and Aphogee.

macherieamour

Im with Honeydew:)

I alternate each week between moisture and protein pre-poo.

I run some hot water in my sink, throw in a turban turbo (i think thats what its called), slather some cheap protein or moisturizing conditioner, cover with the steaming tuban and shower cap for 10-15 minutes. I then wash with a moisturizing shampoo and use the same turban for my deep con in the shower. Cut out hours of pre-pooing and deep cond under a dryer.

With the protein, my hair feels stonger but softer. Not hard and dry. Detangling is never a problem and breakage during setting and after is pretty much non-existent. Plus, my hair has the awesome sheen to it now.

Besides rollerwrapping, its the best thing I ever started doing to my hair. I havent washed my hair any other way in months:D

sareca

Same here. :yep: I use Aveda DR treatment either on the ends or from the DL down (new growth doesn't seem to need as much protein). I pretty much have the same method as macherie and honeydew. Except I microwave a wet towel for about 30 seconds and wrap it with a larger dry towel for 10 minutes. Works like a dream and I never sit under the bonnet anymore.

Priss Pot

Makeup + Bench Pressing
Macherie, I've started using your method of prepooing with the ORS Mayo, but instead of using a turban or hot towel to wrap around my head, I just use a plastic cap. If I use heat, i'll pre-poo for about 15 minutes, but if I don't use heat, I'll pre-poo for about 30.

DahomeyAhosi

I just prepood with AO GPB just to use it up because I thought it had stopped working for me. I got much less breakage than I usually do on wash day and am thinking it may be because of this.

brownsugarflyygirl

I sure do!! My hair likes this better than all the other crazy prepoo concoctions that I have tried. I prepoo with a mild protein using Macherie's towel method, then after washing, I sit under the dryer for 20 minutes with a moisturizing condish. Makes my hair strong, soft, and happy :grin:

czyfaith77

TSUprincess04 said:
Macherie, I've started using your method of prepooing with the ORS Mayo, but instead of using a turban or hot towel to wrap around my head, I just use a plastic cap. If I use heat, i'll pre-poo for about 15 minutes, but if I don't use heat, I'll pre-poo for about 30.

I use ORS Hair Mayo with a plastic cap and an electric heating cap. In my ORS Hair Mayo I mix an egg (sometimes two) like the instructions say for dep conditioning and I also add a ripe avocado. It works nicely. I do this before I wash my hair.

Lovelylocs

I do this with egg yolk. :) I leave egg yolk in wet hair for a half an hour then I shampoo it out and condition it. My hair feels strong, but not dry afterwards.