Protective Styles on neck length hair

Jessofpal

My ends have been looking ragged and I can feel them catching on my shirt. I'm thinking that maybe even though I'm only at neck length its time to look into protective styles (I'm also thinking that this is why my hair is never longer than neck length :wallbash:). Can someone give me ideas or links?

Artemis

I did a lot of pinned up wannabe bunning when I was neck length. Feel free to check out my fotki (link in siggy). :)

Jessofpal

I did a lot of pinned up wannabe bunning when I was neck length. Feel free to check out my fotki (link in siggy). :)

I'm lovin' the braid out pics! I might try it this weekend. Since my hairs been feeling so dry I think I'll go back to co washing in between regular washes, so a braid out would be pretty easy.

What kind of pins do you use? Can you link me to a pic, I didn't see one in the fotki.

newflowers

I am almost at shoulder length and put my hair up everyday. I use a small clip or an extra-small flexi8, both work well. I put castor oil on my ends, gather and twist the hair, and tada - proective styling that lasts all day. It took me a few times until I could make it look really good, and now my ends are happy. The best thing - no breakage.

SelfStyled

Hi there, my hair is just a little longer than NL, I am between NL and SL, i have styles in my fotki you can check out. Much like you I am always thinking of ways to keep my hair up and look good. Especially now that it's getting colder and I am wearing wool, turtlenecks etc, I could see how this really could jack my ends up more than they already are.

I second those good days hair pins, those are really helpful in securing styles w/no breakage.

GodsPromises

The Credit Countess
Hey Little Sis,

What worked for me was phonytails and buns. Especially buns. I could wear it high or low and it was a nice neat look.