Properly Clipped Ends

~*Tigget*~

Hello Ladies,

Its time to clip my ends as well as all my DDs ends. However I don't know how to properly do them. I have been clipping them for years. But I just clip them, no specific form or pattern.

My 2nd DD hair, really needs it more than the other two. I am thinking of cutting her hair to the point where she won't even have enough for a ponytail. I invest so much in our haircare, but she is the one child who won't follow the directions. We all are relaxed, and since it is a lot to maintainence I have explained the importance of taking special care of her hair. She is 15 now and has started doing her own hair. My DH wants me to continue, but at some point she needs to learn, but she doesn't care to learn. And now she walking around looking like....who did it and what for...:wallbash:

Anyways I bought *I think* a good pair of scissors from Sallys last night...cost me $45.00. It was worth the price and I would pay even higher but til I get better at this Immma stop right there.:lachen:

Please tell me the correct technique to cut split ends.

TIA

you start from the back near the neck section the piece of your hair trim straight across.
take another piece part across you can tell where you need to trim because the first layer you just cut will be your guide, you continue this on the sides top and the whole head using the previous cut sections as your guide.

hope this makes sense written,

you start from the back near the neck section the piece of your hair trim straight across.
take another piece part across you can tell where you need to trim because the first layer you just cut will be your guide, you continue this on the sides top and the whole head using the previous cut sections as your guide.

hope this makes sense written,

Yes it does make sense. Thank you

The problem I have w/ her hair, is it is broken, damaged and uneven.....just at the ends thou. We have been slowly clippin her ends away.

I would rather do a BC w/ her...but at 15, she would be so upset and embarassed to be seen like that.

Well have you been taking care of her hair since Jan08 as well? If so its a her fault that her hair is all eat up, cause she wants to be grown and do it and not listen to momma. She could have gained atleast 6 inches by this time, if she just listen to you. I say cut it all off and get her a sew in or something so that she wont be crying like a baby and stuff. Atleast in that way no one has to know that she doesnt have hair underneath. I dont mean any offense, but hell at 15 I wish my mom was still doing my hair, I probably woundnt have came here all jacked up.

I said starting now on I will be dusting my ends using Lavendar's method its in her fotki, if I need a trim I will let the professionals do that LOL. I aint bold enough for that yet.....

Last edited:
Well have you been taking care of her hair since Jan08 as well? If so its a her fault that her hair is all eat up, cause she wants to be grown and do it and not listen to momma. she could have gained 6+ inches by this time, if she just listen to you. I say cut it all off and go her a sew in or something so that she wont be cry like a baby and stuff. Atleast in that way no one has to know that she doesnt have hair underneath. I dont mean anu offense, but hell at 15 I wish my mom was still doing my hair, I probably woundnt have came her at jacked up.
I said starting now on I will be dusting my ends using Lavendar's method its in her fotki, if I need a trim I will let the professionals do that LOL.

No offense taken. I have thought about this as well. Just to give up and let her do it. But the MOTHER in me won't let it go.

No offense taken. I have thought about this as well. Just to give up and let her do it. But the MOTHER in me won't let it go.
How does she wear her hair on a daily? I am not saying giving up on her, but I LEARN from my mistakes.

Last edited:
Doesnt she see everyone else in the house have thriving?

Yep she does. At times it does bother her. But I guess her laziness is more important. She will ask me at times to do her hair, and even cut it. But then get lazy w/ moisturizing and sneaking the flat iron.

Now she is an avid Softball player. So her schedule is pretty hectic compared to the other girls. She travels and plays a lot. The sun has been brutal to her hair. What I wish she would let me do is braid it w/ some extension. But she thinks she looks too much like a boy. I said heck you almost there.....I know that was mean, BUT HECK!! :wallbash:

In a spiky ponytail E V E R Y D A Y!!!. Yes its that short that it won't even relax. And I have told her how important it is to tuck those ends, since they are thin and sensitive right now.
Her real hair ponytail or a weave? What does she use to slick it down?

Yep she does. At times it does bother her. But I guess her laziness is more important. She will ask me at times to do her hair, and even cut it. But then get lazy w/ moisturizing and sneaking the flat iron.

Now she is an avid Softball player. So her schedule is pretty hectic compared to the other girls. She travels and plays a lot. The sun has been brutal to her hair. What I wish she would let me do is braid it w/ some extension. But she thinks she looks too much like a boy. I said heck you almost there.....I know that was mean, BUT HECK!! :wallbash:
What does she think about close together cornrolls in the front and micros in the back. It will last just as long as say a sew-in and you would just have to get the front redone every month so it can look neat. All she has to do it spray on the braids spray, Infusium 23, and put some growth aide on that scalp (now she is a C&G girl and doesnt even know it LOL)

Take the flatiron and hide it.

I don't have any teenagers...but I was a teenager not too long ago :look:. Have you tried bargining with her? Maybe suggesting that she try things your way for 2 or 3 months and if she absolutely hates it and her hair is just as unhealthy (which we all know it won't be), then she can go back to doing things her way.

What does she think about close together cornrolls in the front and micros in the back. It will last just as long as say a sew-in and you would just have to get the front redone every month so it can look neat. All she has to do it spray on the braids spray, Infusium 23, and put some growth aide on that scalp (now she is a C&G girl and doesnt even know it LOL)

Take the flatiron and hide it.

I have been thinking about that...not that style, it does sound cute. But I was gonna try to the twisties, not sure how long it will last.

And yea I am lockin the Flatiron up. Thanks so much for the advice

I don't have any teenagers...but I was a teenager not too long ago :look:. Have you tried bargining with her? Maybe suggesting that she try things your way for 2 or 3 months and if she absolutely hates it and her hair is just as unhealthy (which we all know it won't be), then she can go back to doing things her way.

Thank you. And whether she accepts the bargain or not...it seems I will have to do this. Thats why I bought the scissors last night. I am going to chop and do it my way for few months. Then after that, if she doesn't do right I will step back and let her do her will.

I have been thinking about that...not that style, it does sound cute. But I was gonna try to the twisties, not sure how long it will last.

And yea I am lockin the Flatiron up. Thanks so much for the advice

They say the kinky twist (if thats what your talking about) last just as long as the braids. IDK, I never got them, I may get some over the summer....:yep:

They say the kinky twist (if thats what your talking about) last just as long as the braids. IDK, I never got them, I may get some over the summer....:yep:

LOL!! Yes Kinky Twist. I couldn't think of the name of them. Goodness I must be getting old. I've had them before, I didn't like them on me. But for her I think they would be cute.

Yea I like them but are unsure about them on me, I guess thats why I been holding off on getting them.

Its kinky, you dont like that? They are KINKY twist LOL, is it to nappy for you?

LOL

Well they probably wouldn't have been too nappy for me if I wasn't being cheap. I bought the 5.99 pk. I couldn't see myself paying more than...well now I know where the phrase "you get what you pay for"

I havent really see anyone pay no more than like $7.99-$10 for the hair. Its cheaper than micro hair I know that. How high does this hair get?

^^^ i pay 4.49 for the hair i used on myself this summer and now use on my sister. i redo hers every 6-8 weeks and she went from NL this summer to somewhere around full SL now (her hair hasn't been straightened all year so all i can do is the "stretch test" when we take them down). i am a huuuuuge advocate of box braids and kinky twists.

sorry to barge in. lol

Hello Ladies,

Its time to clip my ends as well as all my DDs ends. However I don't know how to properly do them. I have been clipping them for years. But I just clip them, no specific form or pattern.

My 2nd DD hair, really needs it more than the other two. I am thinking of cutting her hair to the point where she won't even have enough for a ponytail. I invest so much in our haircare, but she is the one child who won't follow the directions. We all are relaxed, and since it is a lot to maintainence I have explained the importance of taking special care of her hair. She is 15 now and has started doing her own hair. My DH wants me to continue, but at some point she needs to learn, but she doesn't care to learn. And now she walking around looking like....who did it and what for...:wallbash:

Anyways I bought *I think* a good pair of scissors from Sallys last night...cost me $45.00. It was worth the price and I would pay even higher but til I get better at this Immma stop right there.:lachen:

Please tell me the correct technique to cut split ends.

TIA

Thanks I need to know this as well. I have to learn how to trim my own hair.:ohwell:

Back