Product Wish List: Products your dying to try...but haven't yet

Dposh167

I'm trying to simplify my PJ'ism here. I have tons of products I really wanna buy (or try that are sitting under my sink). But i wanna hear reviews about them b4 i do. Sooo.....

>Post the products your itchin' to try out or buy...but haven't yet. (due to money or trying to tame your PJ 'ism:grin:)
>Also, if you see a product you HAVE tried out that someone listed...feel free to post ur review about it (good & bad).

My List of what i wanna try:
-Hello Hydration (shampoo & cond)
-Porosity Control (shampoo & Cond)
-Vatika Oil
-Soft Sheen Breakthru (shampoo & cond)
-Slicone mix
-Biologe Cera-repair
-Sedu Ceramadie
-Elasta QP Oil Recovery
-Salerm 21
-Nexxus humectress
-Aphogee 2min

if any of u ladies have tried these products please post ur review about them:rolleyes:

gymfreak336

-Hello Hydration (shampoo & cond)-I haven't tried the shampoo, the conditioner worked well for me in co washing, smells great
-Porosity Control (shampoo & Cond)- Love them both, I have porosity issues and the conditioner saves the day for me consistently
-Vatika Oil
-Soft Sheen Breakthru (shampoo & cond)- The shampoo is really one of the best shampoo's, the conditioner is good if you need protein
-Slicone mix- I didn't like it, it was just okay to me, nothing amazing
-Biologe Cera-repair
-Sedu Ceramadie
-Elasta QP Oil Recovery- nice light moisturizer, good price and it lasts a long time-Salerm 21
-Nexxus humectress
-Aphogee 2min- great cheap protein conditioner, I like to use it as directed as I finish bathing and follow with a quick moisturizing rinse. Great after a relaxer

gymfreak336

My list of what I want to try

Kenra moisturizing conditioner; going to revisit this one
Nexxus Phyto organics line
Joico Silk Result line
Joico moisture recovery balm
Deep Brillance moisturizing conditioner
UNA products
sulfur 8
Silk2 Moistec Conditioner

MonaLisa

Y'all don't know how bad I wanted to say out loud that I just KNEW Gym would be up in this thread with the quickness...

:ohsnap: I just did....

:lol:

Gym...you are a black belt with the products....

I bow to you...

:notworthy

gymfreak336

Y'all don't know how bad I wanted to say out loud that I just KNEW Gym would be up in this thread with the quickness...

:ohsnap: I just did....

:lol:

Gym...you are a black belt with the products....

I bow to you...

:notworthy

:blush: I just now looked at how fast I respondes....Dang shame:lachen::lachen:.....lets see how many more product reviews I will have in this thread

Brownie518

Here's what I would like to try:

Biolagie Cera Repair
Rene Furterer Nutritive Oil
Affirm Fiberguard Preservo
Affirm Fiberguard Sustenance
Long Lovely Locks Cranberry Cocktail Rinse
Tigi S Factor Papaya Leave In Moisture Spray
Healthy Sexy Hair Pumpkin Enzyme Therapy Mist

Brownie518

My list of what I want to try

Kenra moisturizing conditioner; going to revisit this one
Nexxus Phyto organics line
Joico Silk Result line
Joico moisture recovery balm
Deep Brillance moisturizing conditioner
UNA products
sulfur 8
Silk2 Moistec Conditioner

Gym, I got some of the Joico Silk Result conditioner from Marshall's and it's good. I use it as a final rinse type thing. It moisturizes, softens, and detangles :yep:. And the Moistec is excellent! :love:One of my favorite moisturizing DCs. It's hard to find, though. I got mine the last time I was crazy enough to order from Sheldeez:ohwell:.

gymfreak336

Gym, I got some of the Joico Silk Result conditioner from Marshall's and it's good. I use it as a final rinse type thing. It moisturizes, softens, and detangles :yep:. And the Moistec is excellent! :love:One of my favorite moisturizing DCs. It's hard to find, though. I got mine the last time I was crazy enough to order from Sheldeez:ohwell:.

That is what I am afraid of...Ohwell, I really want it though.

Dposh167

:blush: I just now looked at how fast I respondes....Dang shame:lachen::lachen:.....lets see how many more product reviews I will have in this thread

yea u really did respond fast!! As soon as i finished the thread and refreshed the page i saw that someone had already responded...and a good response at that. Had I known u had reviews for half the products on my wish list i would've just pm'ed u. :lachen::grin:

gymfreak336

yea u really did respond fast!! As soon as i finished the thread and refreshed the page i saw that someone had already responded...and a good response at that. Had I known u had reviews for half the products on my wish list i would've just pm'ed u. :lachen::grin:

I am a product ho....yep I said it, I am product ho :lachen:

lilamae

I really wanna try Joico conditioners....and.... well... dang.... I bought everything else:look: (including BT today!)

tricie

Don't feel bad, Gym; I go ho-ing sometimes myself! :spinning:

By the way, I am dying to try:

Nacidit olive oil conditioner
silicon mix
nacidit olive oil shampoo

All of this is due to the hype on Dominican products and because Kinikakes uses them (the Nacidit)!

So....I ordered them on Sunday them from iBeautyNY.... my PJism will be fine once I get them!

BTW, I can tell your hair is growing, Gymfreak, it looks really nice!! :yep:

Evazhair

This is a good idea for a thread:yep:

On my shelf to try:

D'Fina 11 en 1
Capilo 311 dc
Capilo whale sperm (someday)
Palmer's Olive Oil shampoo- has human hair keratin aa

Want to try
Nacidit wheat germ
Nacidit milk and almond
Leche de Cabra dc
Salerm 21
salerm wheatgerm mask
Henna queen Sapota Cream dc
Henna queen Garlic dc- I love the rinse
Kleravitex leave in [blue]
Kenra MC
Biolage Detangling Solution
Redken Anti snap
Loreal Vita Cement
Biolage Pro4 Cera repair hydratherapie
Camellia oil
All ayurvedic herbs I haven't tried

have tried

Hello Hydration shampoo Booooooo!- I call this "goodbye hydration"- left my hair stripped, hard, dry. Good shower/shave gel though. Love the smell

Porosity control poo/con
love both of these. I mix the poo with my Ion hardwater poo and my hair stays moisturized and detangled
the conditioner is good for if your hair goes crazy after a bad conditioning experience. I hardly use it, but years and years ago I used to use it often when I used color.

Vatika: Love this Ayurveda is the ish! It is a good sealer/prepoo, and it is very stimulating on my scalp. The shampoo is nice also.

Biolage Cera Repair Hydratherapie at home tx
Thanks to Keclee for putting me onto this. I love love love this. Only thing, It is a thin serum. It takes 2 tubes for me to get it through my hair, because my hair just sucks it up.I wish it came in a bottle, so I can slather! I follow it with humecto( I have to) and my hair is like :lick:, afterward and it lasts for like 2 weeks. I need to keep this in my life

Silicon Mix Leave In- After this dries on my hair it still feels moist. I think I like this better in the warmer months, though. I used it last week, and my hair felt sorta hard, but it was still moisturized. Has to be the keratin. I also make sure I chelate after I use this

Evazhair

Don't feel bad, Gym; I go ho-ing sometimes myself! :spinning:

By the way, I am dying to try:

Nacidit olive oil conditioner
silicon mix
nacidit olive oil shampoo

All of this is due to the hype on Dominican products and because Kinikakes uses them (the Nacidit)!

She was why I tried this. Definite staple. Very Moistuizing and detangling. Even if my hair tangle-unavoidable with ng, it makes detangling a breeze.

Jetblackhair

Jane Carter's Solution
Porosity Control Poo & Con
Biolage Detangler
Aveda Products
EndAll
Sareca's Palm Creme
Sedu or FHI flatiron

Brownie518

Jane Carter's Solution
Porosity Control Poo & Con
Biolage Detangler
Aveda Products
EndAll
Sareca's Palm Creme
Sedu or FHI flatiron

The Porosity Control Poo/Con are great. The shampoo, for me, makes my hair soft and detangled and the Corrector is excellent. I use it once a week, and always after a relaxer.
As for Aveda, I loooove the Damage Remedy line. Excellent products and really improve the condition of my hair. I also love the Aveda Brilliant conditioner; it's an excellent moisturizing conditioner. The Aveda Brilliant Damage Control is one of my favorite leave ins. My hair comes out smooth and shiny. The Aveda Sap Moss Nourishing Concentrate is a great prepoo. I just started using it and I couldn't believe how great my hair felt.
Hair2Heaven EndAll is one of the few moisturizers that I truly love. I have one jar left and I don't know what I am going to do when I run out.

Dayjoy

Old School Member
Hello Hydration Con: Hated it!!! No matter how well it detangles, I can't get past the fact that I thought it smelled like strong Steve Harvey old man cologne.:barf:

Silicon Mix: Pretty good as far as slip and shine. Great smell. Works better on my 4a natural DD.

Nexxus Humectress: Love it!!! Will become a staple and maybe even a holy grail after I go through all my PJism and excess products.

Jane Carter Solution: Love the Nourish and Shine on my 4a natural DD. The smell, shine and consistency are great. The moisture poo and con are good too.

Want to try:
Vatika oil
Porosity Control (need to know exactly what it's for though)
Red Palm Oil/Butter
Pantene Breakage Defense Mask
Maxiglide on my DD
Chi Silk Infusion

Last edited:

Desert Skye

I ordered from BeautyNewYork ( i ordered Monday it came Tuesday!!!) and I got

Praital Silk Worm Rinse
Capillo Avocado conditioner
Rosemary Shampoo

I am trying them this weekend!!!

pistachio

I'm trying to simplify my PJ'ism here. I have tons of products I really wanna buy (or try that are sitting under my sink). But i wanna hear reviews about them b4 i do. Sooo.....

>Post the products your itchin' to try out or buy...but haven't yet. (due to money or trying to tame your PJ 'ism:grin:)
>Also, if you see a product you HAVE tried out that someone listed...feel free to post ur review about it (good & bad).

-Hello Hydration (shampoo & cond)
-Porosity Control (shampoo & Cond)
-Vatika Oil
-Soft Sheen Breakthru (shampoo & cond)
-Slicone mix
-Biologe Cera-repair
-Sedu Ceramadie
-Elasta QP Oil Recovery
-Salerm 21
-Nexxus humectress
-Aphogee 2min

if any of u ladies have tried these products please post ur review about them:rolleyes:

On your list I've tried Vatika oil, Slicion Mix, and Nexxus Humectressa nd all are wonderful products and def. worth trying!!!!

Leslie_C

I want to try:
Anything with ceramides.....the ones listed above sound nice!
Dominican rinses (advocado and olive oil)
Aveda DR line
Hair2heaven End All (hope she starts selling it again soon!)
Silk Drops
Redken Heat Glide
Want to revisit Paul Mitchell Skinny line
Paul Mitchell Foaming Pomade
Keracare cream hairdress

Finally got to try and love:
Vatika Oil
Alma Oil
Reshma Henna
I have the shikakai powder and will try it in a few days

Triple-J

Triple-J
I want to try:
Anita Grant Babassu Shampoo Bar
Devacurl No-Poo
Curl Junkie Hibiscus & Banana Deep Fix Moisturizing Conditioner
KBB Hair Conditioner
KBB Luscious Locks Moisturizing Hair Mask
Qhemet Castor and Moringa Serum
KBB Hair Butter

I have tried Kenra MC. It's very moisturizing.

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
I ordered from BeautyNewYork ( i ordered Monday it came Tuesday!!!) and I got

Praital Silk Worm Rinse
Capillo Avocado conditioner
Rosemary Shampoo

I am trying them this weekend!!!

I'm on the fence about the Praital rinse, never tried the rosmeary shampoo, but I am sooooooooo loving the Avacado condish and I can bet dollars to donuts that you're going to love it too!!! That stuff is yummy:lick::lick:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
List of things I want to try:

Qhemet Olive & Amla Heavy Cream
Aveda DR line
Aveda Brilliant line
Motions Moisture Plus condish
Keracare Humecto (tub)
Joica K-Pak Reconstructor
Ojon line
Nexxus line
Design Essentials poo & condish
Elucence poo & condish

&..............that's about it for now:grin:

Dposh167

E Williams20- I’ve tried NTM Silk Touch. I like it. It softens really nicely and I like the smell. However, beware of a cone as the 3rd ingredient. I don’t use it too often b/c if I do it causes buildup on my thin/fine tresses :spinning:lol

DayJoy- I’ve tried Pantene Breakage Defense Mask. I forget the ingredients in this one. It’s okay. I wouldn’t say it’s as strong as Motions CPR. I think if u have a major breakage prob u should buy something else. So I just use this as a prepoo on ends.

Miss Cherokee- i've tried Elucence Moisture Balance Cond. I think i'm the only one who doesn't like this as a leave in. It made my hair to greasy for some reason. But it's pretty nice as a rinse out cond. I've also tried Motions Moisture Plus Cond. It wasn't too too bad. I have other conditioners that are much better that's why i stopped using this one. if u haven't found ur staple cond. yet it's worth a try. If you have already...i'd say skip it lol..there are much better ones out there.(i think i'm a lil bitter about motions line in general lol). And finally, i've also tried the OJON line. The shampoo has 1 or 2 sulfates in it so i don't use it. But the hydrating conditioner is worth a try. good slip and loosens ng when stretching. I also have their reconstrucing 'thing'. I 4get what it's called but it's in a little jar. beware of the smell of this one. i've read some girls use it to prepoo on NG. have to try that. but i would put it on ng b4 a flat iron and it softened it pretty well. so i guess it's worth a try.

Last edited:

the_UnPrettiest_pretty

Beauty IS skin deep.
E Williams20- I’ve tried NTM Silk Touch. I like it. It softens really nicely and I like the smell. However, beware of a cone as the 3rd ingredient. I don’t use it too often b/c if I do it causes buildup on my thin/fine tresses :spinning:lol

DayJoy- I’ve tried Pantene Breakage Defense Mask. I forget the ingredients in this one. It’s okay. I wouldn’t say it’s as strong as Motions CPR. I think if u have a major breakage prob u should buy something else. So I just use this as a prepoo on ends.

Miss Cherokee- i've tried Elucence Moisture Balance Cond. I think i'm the only one who doesn't like this as a leave in. It made my hair to greasy for some reason. But it's pretty nice as a rinse out cond. I've also tried Motions Moisture Plus Cond. It wasn't too too bad. I have other conditioners that are much better that's why i stopped using this one. if u haven't found ur staple cond. yet it's worth a try. If you have already...i'd say skip it lol..there are much better ones out there.(i think i'm a lil bitter about motions line in general lol)

You're not the first person I've heard say that they're not too keen with Motions products. I wanted to try the condish b/c I had heard many good things about them, but I just wasn't about to fork over the $12 for it when I have other good conditioners as well. It's just on my to-try list for someday:grin: I was anticipating on purchasing the Elucence combo after the new year, I've really heard good things about them. Especially the conditioner, but not as a leave-in though. I'm still looking for a good leave in. I've tried the NTM Silk Touch, Giovanni Direct, Lacio Lacio, and none of them have done anything for me. The Giovanni was okay, but I feel there's something better out there. So right now, I'm on Garnier's Length & Strength. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a leave-in?

Leslie_C

You're not the first person I've heard say that they're not too keen with Motions products. I wanted to try the condish b/c I had heard many good things about them, but I just wasn't about to fork over the $12 for it when I have other good conditioners as well. It's just on my to-try list for someday:grin: I was anticipating on purchasing the Elucence combo after the new year, I've really heard good things about them. Especially the conditioner, but not as a leave-in though. I'm still looking for a good leave in. I've tried the NTM Silk Touch, Giovanni Direct, Lacio Lacio, and none of them have done anything for me. The Giovanni was okay, but I feel there's something better out there. So right now, I'm on Garnier's Length & Strength. Does anyone have a good recommendation for a leave-in?

Have u tried Africa's Best Hair Mayo leave in? I really like that one. Also pantene leave in spray is nice, but they changed the bottles so Im afraid they have changed the formula. Im not even sure which on it is now. Do u think u need a creamy leave in or a liquid one? Also can I buy your lacio and giovanni from you because I love them! :yep:

PS are u transitioning? I noticed in an old post u hadnt relaxed in like a year. That makes a difference in how products work if so....

Last edited:

chenai

I bought a 6 month supply of viviscal and then discovered I was pregnant soon after so I decided not to take it till I have finished nursing, lucky for me the expiry date is Dec 2010.

Incredible1ne

Jonathon Product Add Moisture Shampoo
Vatika Hair Frosting
Elasta QP DPR-11
Kerastase Masquintense for Thick Hair
Giovanni Direct Leave-In