Product Reviews Needed: Darcy's Botanicals and Bee Mine

CurlyCoilycourt

Fall is coming and I want to treat myself to some new products (well that's my excuse). Since the search option is not fully working I had to find out if there were any reviews on these two particular lines.

I've tried Darcy's Coconut Butter Styling Pomade and Madagascar Vanilla Styling Creme and did not get the results I were hoping for..but with that said I'm still interested in trying the Coconut Cupuacu Butter Pomade and Peach Kernel Hydrating Milk.

I just discovered Bee Mine and is interested in the Hold Curly Butter and Luscious Balanced Cream Moisturizer

I am mainly looking for products that give great 2nd and 3rd day hair (trying not to rinse or cowash as much in colder weather) and something that can slick hair back great for pony tails and buns without having to use gel. I want to purchase these products Monday so your reviews or advice or other products are greatly appreciated :grin:

NaturalEnigma

I didn't like the Darcy's Botanical line. I tried her deep conditioning mask, and it just sat on my hair. I tried her free sample of the peach kernel oil, and it made my relaxed hair dry, but on my natural hair it was ok. The oil didn't make my hair hard or soft it was just there. I think because its not pure peach kernel oil, it actually has fragrance as one of the ingredients. I vowed never to try her products again, because the money I spent on the deep conditioning mask cut me deep, lol. I bought the Bee Mine Luscious Moisturizer after reading all the rave reviews, and it made my natural hair hard, and dry. I spent $20 for that moisturizer and yet my S Curl which I spent $3.99 for, does a much better job at moisturizing my hair.

EllePixie

I just ordered the Bee Mine Be Hold Curly Butter and the Darcy's Peach Kernel Milk...I'll def review them after I use them! I haven't tried Bee Mine, but I like the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream and Coils Curling Jelly from Darcy's. They should be here tomorrow! :)

A couple of things to keep in mind since you want these for winter...both have glycerin, and when it's winter the air is usually drier (unless you live somewhere where it doesn't get that cold or it's still humid, like FL), so the glycerin may dry your hair out. Also, I will def give you reviews, but I like cowashing daily, even in winter (I live in Socal so it's only like around 60 usually), so I probably won't do 2nd or 3rd day hair with them.

EbonyCPrincess

I've only used the Bee Mine. I use the Luscious, Curly Butter and LOVE them....after my 1st purchase PJism got the best of me and I tried many of the other "popular" moisturizers, some did okay, some not so much but NOTHING moisturizes my hair like the Luscious. It leaves my hair moisturized but doesn't weigh it down, smells incredible, and absorbs very well into my hair. The curly butter - I love as well. I use it when doing braidouts and I love the hold it gives me while moisturizing. A little goes a long way so its money well spent, IMO. There are a number of reviews on youtube as well, you may wanna check that out.

Kimiche

I tried a few products from Bee Mine and my hair did not like them. I didn't just give them one chance, but I tried them 3 times just to be sure I was using them right, on clean hair, etc. I bought the Deja's Milk and Luscious Moisturizer. Deja's milk dried my hair out something terrible by the end of the day and the moisturizer didn't moisturize my hair at all, it gave it a weird coated and dry feeling.

This is my personal experience, so your hair might like the products. A lot of people give the moisturizer rave reviews on this board, I just didn't have that luck because my hair rejected the products and said, "oh hell no girl!!" I have 4b relaxed hair by the way.

Austro-Afrikana

I use the Coconut Cupuacu Butter and O.M.G it is the best smelling cosmetic I have ever smelled :grin: it smells like toffee :lick:. It also does wonders for my hair, since I started using it my hair has felt smoother and has had more sheen to it. I just wish it was sold in a bigger size, but this is DEFINITELY my new staple sealant.

I may try the detangling milk one of these days as it contains aloe vera...

CurlyCoilycourt

I just ordered the Bee Mine Be Hold Curly Butter and the Darcy's Peach Kernel Milk...I'll def review them after I use them! I haven't tried Bee Mine, but I like the Madagascar Vanilla Styling Cream and Coils Curling Jelly from Darcy's. They should be here tomorrow! :)

A couple of things to keep in mind since you want these for winter...both have glycerin, and when it's winter the air is usually drier (unless you live somewhere where it doesn't get that cold or it's still humid, like FL), so the glycerin may dry your hair out. Also, I will def give you reviews, but I like cowashing daily, even in winter (I live in Socal so it's only like around 60 usually), so I probably won't do 2nd or 3rd day hair with them.

Yes definitely give me reviews once you try them

EllePixie

I tried the hair milk and I think I'm putting it in my "Do not like" category. No slip, very little moisture for me. My hair was absorbing it but it was weird, like it wasn't even wet? I dunno...I had to put some Knot Today over it for more moisture before I did my hair. :(

Imani

I'll be trying out some Bee Mine and Darcy's products to do my first ever braid out tonight. I will review afterwards.

Just from spraying some the Juicy Spritz on my hand and playing around w/it, I don't think I am going to use it. It seems like it would be really drying. I was trying to find something to replace my African Pride braid spray (which can get kinda sticky/build up bc of the mineral oil in it), but I'm pretty sure this won't be it.