Product reviews- does it matter who?

chayil0427

Bublnbrnsuga said:
Hey ladies, does it matter to you who gives a product a review? If you have type 4a hair and someone with type 2c hair says that so-in-so was great, do you ignore the comment or do you give it a try? What about those who are relaxed? Do you take product review advice from someone who's natural? Naturals, same question applies.

Well, I wouldn't say I IGNORE their comments. I do tend to take certain types of advice from people who seem to have my hair type, but I learn a lot from naturals when it comes to managing my new growth and ect. I basically just take it one comment at a time....if the product is doing something for them that I need done then I'm willing to give it a try.

Chayil

Victorian

old head
It doesn't matter to me. I have a feel for what types of ingredients work well with my hair so how much credence I give to review doesn't have anything to do with who the reviewer is, but what it is they are reviewing and what's in the product.

cmw45

I mean...yea:ohwell: If it didn't, why would any of us constantly be stalking...I mean reviewing...anyones elses hair album, hoping to find their hair twin. I'm not gonna say that I wouldn't or don't look at the regimins and respect the work of ladies in the 2's and 3's...but when it comes to buying a product, I usually check out the 4's recs. I mean, it's kinda like taking advice from your man on the best shaving cream for your legs. He won't know...and if he does, that's between ya'll:cool:

dynamic1

I consider product reviews based on the type goal a person may have with their hair or an issue they would like to address (combating dryness, detangling, thickness, moisture, softness). I also evaluate the product review based on what style they are trying to achieve (roller set, twistout, blowout, press, fro, etc.) I rarely base a product review on hair type (Andre's system).

pattycake0701

dynamic1 said:
I consider product reviews based on the type goal a person may have with their hair or an issue they would like to address (combating dryness, detangling, thickness, moisture, softness). I also evaluate the product review based on what style they are trying to achieve (roller set, twistout, blowout, press, fro, etc.) I rarely base a product review on hair type (Andre's system).

Exactly what I was going to post. Additionally, I steal tips from the relaxed heads for my mom (who is also a relaxed head). She's been stretching her relaxers now due to the information I've gained from the board.