product review: dove shampoo&conditioner

patticake

well walgreens had this sale where you buy this huge 16oz i think bottle of Dove Body Wash and you get 3 free samples for Dove Intensive Moisture Shampoo & Conditioner and Volumizing Shampoo. i used the first 2 mentioned above last night since it was a set. oh my goodness! my hair came out so soft! it did exaclty what the advertisement says:" Moisturize without weighing down your hair"!!!!!!
and i love the smell too!

pooh123

I'm glad it worked for you patticake. I must admit I was curious about trying out this line also.
How did you style your hair after you washed it?

G

I'm glad you said that. I actually saw this other day at the DOLLAR STORE, can you believe it..

I was gonna pick it up and try but did'nt know how it be.

Maybe I'll try it now...

patticake

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
pooh123 said:
I'm glad it worked for you patticake. I must admit I was curious about trying out this line also.
How did you style your hair after you washed it?

[/ QUOTE ]

i added some Pantene leave-in spray and s-curl to my towel dried hair then i just put it up in a ponytail. when i took it out my hair had a little flip on the ends and was really bouncy. plus last night i fell asleep without my scarf!
but this morning my hair still was pretty soft and silky!

NAY007

i was thinking of trying it too. is the conditioner very detangling? cause that and the smell are very important for me. apparently it moisturizes very well.....hhmmmmmmm

patticake

NAY007 said:
i was thinking of trying it too. is the conditioner very detangling? cause that and the smell are very important for me. apparently it moisturizes very well.....hhmmmmmmm

[/ QUOTE ]

as for detangling that maybe one of it's weak points. i personally thought the detangling wasn't that great. my hair doesn't tangle very easily anyway though, so i'm not sure how effective it would be for someone else. i guess it was pretty much like Pantene when it comes to detangling.

Crysdon

I've been waiting for a Dove review ever since I saw the commercial a few weeks ago. Is the conditioner creamy or light?

ngaa

mmmm that aint such good news coz i cant get enuf of the moisturising lotion by dove and now this.....so much 4 keepin my pjrism under control

patticake

Crysdon said:
I've been waiting for a Dove review ever since I saw the commercial a few weeks ago. Is the conditioner creamy or light?

[/ QUOTE ]

girl it's both light and creamy! it's hard to explain. i guess you can say it has the perfect consistency of both. it's not too light and it's not too creamy. it has just the right amount of both!

Crysdon

I think I'll give it a try.
I was a little skeptical since Dove is best know for soap and body washes.

Adrian3bc

I have been using then for about a month and a half and m hair comes out soft every time and the yummy smell lingers. I think that the conditioner is good and give my hair slip. I wish they had a leave in.

Jade21

Patti and Adrian,

Thanks for the wonderful, informative comments. I think I will try the shampoo myself...those products are so cheap. This is vastly different from a review which I read over at NaturallyCurly.com A woman whose husband has type 1 hair indicated that it was extremely drying to him. Perhaps some modification has been made....test drive for Jade

~Jade~

OnlyErin

I, too, have tried this, and I probably would still be using it as a conditioner wash if I hadn't discovered Pantene Smooth and Sleek. Patticake, you are right about the yummy smell, and it does make the hair soft, but S&amp;S gives just a little more slip, and I didn't find the Dove to be very detangling, as you mentioned.

But the Ekerd's up the street from me sells out of the Pantene in no time, so I would use Dove again in a pinch.

OE

Cindy70

I used the Dove Intense Moisture conditioner last night as a leave in and I love it! It left my hair feeling so smooth and moisturized. This is the only regular conditioner, used as a leave in, so far that hasn't caused build up and flaking. It's not so good as a rinse out conditioner. I found the Dove Moisturizers Daily Intense conditioning treatment (the one in the tube) to be the best conditioner in the Dove line so far. It left my hair soft, moisturized and it had LOTS of "slip". I also tried the Intense Moisture shampoo and I liked it okay, but not as much as the conditioners.

Tgirl

Thanks for the review. I've been thinking about switching to something cheaper than the Nexxus line I use. Maybe I'll try this.

Cindy70

I've also tried the Nexxus Humectress in the past. I love this Dove conditioner so much better as a leave in.

NAY007

oh my, i can't believe this thread is back from april:) by now i have used it too. i think i posted it before. i absolutely love the conditioner. it smells good and it detangles really well. i just don't like the price....other than that i would have it in my bathroom all the time right next to my st. ives and suave humectant:)

Cindy70

It's usually around $3.99 here, sometimes cheaper when it's on sale.

Actually, I got mine for $3.50 at the Family Dollar Store yetersday.