Product Rave (Dandruff/Scalp Relief)

P

patient1

Hi All,

I don't suffer from dandruff or itchy scalp, but a few folks I know do. I use an Indian oil called Himani's Navratna Plus Herbal Cool Oil on their scalps during the deep conditioning phase and the results have been sooooooooo stellar.

Here's what I do:

After washing and/or clarifying, I detangle and apply the deep conditioning mix to the entire head and secure in sections. Next, I apply the Navratna generously to the scalp and massage in. I pop on a cap and sit them under the dryer for 20 minutes or so. Then I rinse out the deep conditioner and the oil. I don't wash again or anything like that.

BE CAREFUL BECAUSE THIS STUFF WILL BURN YOUR EYES!!!!!!

I don't know what all the ingredients are but the "key ingredients" are listed as: sesame oil, menthol, amla, camphor, thyme, rosemary oil.

The packaging doesn't suggest rinsing out. It says apply liberally on the scalp and desired area and gently massage. You want tingle, you got it with this. The scent is tolerable too but a sort of minty nursing home scent....if that makes any sense.

p1

WomanlyCharm

patient1 said:
I don't know what all the ingredients are but the "key ingredients" are listed as: sesame oil, menthol, amla, camphor, thyme, rosemary oil.

The packaging doesn't suggest rinsing out. It says apply liberally on the scalp and desired area and gently massage. You want tingle, you got it with this.
p1

Yikes...with the menthol and camphor, I bet your head will tingle! :eek: Does it smell like Vicks Vapor Rub? :lachen:
Since I add peppermint oil to everything, I love that tingly feeling...and I've been suffering from the itchies, so I'll give this a try.
I have to make another trip to the indian store anyway (my pj-ism is going crazy this month).
Thanks for the info, patient1!

P

patient1

WomanlyCharm said:
Yikes...with the menthol and camphor, I bet your head will tingle! :eek: Does it smell like Vicks Vapor Rub? :lachen:
Since I add peppermint oil to everything, I love that tingly feeling...and I've been suffering from the itchies, so I'll give this a try.
I have to make another trip to the indian store anyway (my pj-ism is going crazy this month).
Thanks for the info, patient1!

I don't have the scalp issues BUT I got curious and added this to my scalp during one of my overnight deep conditionings. MAN, in the morning I was overstimulated. My head was pulsating!

Let me know how it works for you.

p1

Ballerina_Bun

I have this on my scalp right now as a pre-poo, and it feels wonderful. You were right, it tingles A LOT.

If anyone uses this, be careful not to get it anywhere near the eyes - BEWARE :blush:

Soliel185

Actually - fresh lemon juice also works. I put it in a color applicator bottle and massage it into my scalp - then I let it sit for two minutes and rinse before I condition. I mix it with a little of my reg shampoo or use it alone.

In AZ it's citrus season so everyone's trying to get rid of lemons and grapefruit.

Evazhair

Thanks for your review. I have some but have been nervous about using it(mineral oil). I just put some on a spot that is itching and I am feeling the tingle. I will have to try it your way:yep:

LABETT

I have this in my product stash and never used it,I will be trying it soon.
Thanks for the review,cant wait to get the tingles.:yep: