A UK supermarket has caught on!

Bublin

Sainsburys are now selling Amla Oil, Amla Oil Plus, Vatika Oil and a range of neem products (oil, cream and soap).

I stood looking at the shelf in shock.

I bought some Navratna Plus Herbal Cool Oil. You can use it for hair scalp and massage.
Easily absorbed into the scalp, helps in improving blood circulation. It strengthens and invigorates the hair root giving extra protection against greying and premature hair loss.

Ingredients........
Sesame Oil - quick penetrating oil for massage; promotes growth of strong, dark hair.
Menthol - Tones and refreshes oily skin keeping the skin healthy; cools the scalp and helps minimise dandruff.
Amla - Natural source of vitamin C; keeps skin cool; helps promote strong and healthy hair.
Camphor - Soothes muscles; cools and conditions the scalp; helps minimise dandruff.
Thyme - Tones the skin; helps strengthen hair roots.
Rosemary Oil - Conditions the skin; helps promote hair growth.

I had an itchy scalp so I put it on my scalp and massaged. My scalp no longer itches and feels great.

Last edited:

Crissi

Man i love that oil, it sets my scalp on fire! If its Asda thats no suprise...the big supermarkets are trying to expand to the point that they over take the smaller shops completely...

ETA: but it was Sainsburies lol wow...i didn't know they had it like that...

Bublin

^^^u mean it feels cool on your scalp? I didn't get that sensation at all - it just stopped the itching

Mmmm - i really love this oil. My hair feels great this morning and scalp feels clean.

If you guys want to check out what they have its in the Ethnic Food section! The store i went to was in Sydenham, South London.

Amethyst85

The large Tesco in new malden sell those oils and powders too. I bought the Amla powder from there but ive never used it.

I don't live near any hair shops so for me it's great that more shops are finally starting to sell ethnic hair products.

That oil sounds good though!

Bublin

Wow OK - so i'm late in finding this out. Ive not seen them in a South London Asda or Tesco.

Studio_gal

Sainsbury's in Streatham also sells Vatika, Amla etc. They sell it in their ethnic foods section

Guapa1

I've seen them before. I'm not sure about the other oils, but the vatika oil is more expensive than in an Indian shop.

:ot:

Now has any seen in Asda the Caribbean frozen food section?

I was so shocked I couldn't speak... Ackee and Saltfish with dumpling, stew chicken, rice and peas, a portion of plantain... Cassava!:blush: It's teef though, the little slices of plantain is £1.50 when you can buy 4 for a pound in the market. :lachen:

Bublin

I was so shocked I couldn't speak... Ackee and Saltfish with dumpling, stew chicken, rice and peas, a portion of plantain... Cassava!:blush: It's teef though, the little slices of plantain is £1.50 when you can buy 4 for a pound in the market. :lachen:

RAAAAAAAH - Asda is not ramping. (does it taste nice?)

Crissi

RAAAAAAAH - Asda is not ramping. (does it taste nice?)

HAHAHAHAHA i love the light text...

Nah man the supermarkets can't be doing that, there going to start selling mutton/goat, run down chicken and what not in their hot foods section...

naturalgurl

Bublin, this is too cute. I could see you just standing there like a deer in headlights!LOL! I could hear you talking fast and excited too as you typed this! I love amla, vatika and neelibhringadi. I could feel your excitement and I understand why!

vestaluv1

I've seen them before. I'm not sure about the other oils, but the vatika oil is more expensive than in an Indian shop.

:lachen::lachen::lachen:
You know! Asda is reasonable with their prices until you get to this section! I'd rather go to my local West Indian food shop or the market or something.
Likkle slices a plantain... one pound n' fifty pence... ya mad a wha' :lachen:.
Back to the topic: I've never seen any Indian oils in the ethnic section though :look:. Maybe next time I go to Asda I'll check it out... but that's not good for my PJ'ism.... Oh yeah, I'm in the BUY NOTHIN' FOR JUNE CHALLENGE :wallbash:.

Guapa1

HAHAHAHAHA i love the light text...

Nah man the supermarkets can't be doing that, there going to start selling mutton/goat, run down chicken and what not in their hot foods section...

It wouldn't surprise me, I forgot to add that they had curry mutton in the freezer too! :blush:

Last edited:

Bublin

Guapa - i ain't gonna lie. The pic of the saltfish fritters look good to me right now.....ha ha ha.

Bublin

Bublin, this is too cute. I could see you just standing there like a deer in headlights!LOL! I could hear you talking fast and excited too as you typed this! I love amla, vatika and neelibhringadi. I could feel your excitement and I understand why!

Yes, that's what i must have looked like!

I forgot to write that when i was looking at the products a rasta woman walked by, stopped and looked at the stuff for a minute.

It wouldn't surprise me, I forgot to add that they had curry mutton in the freezer too! :blush:

Wha?? I never know there was West Indian instant food?

Knowing me, I'll probally end up buying these as I am too lazy to cook.

As anyone tried these? Does it taste good?

Sainsburys are now selling Amla Oil, Amla Oil Plus, Vatika Oil and a range of neem products (oil, cream and soap).

I stood looking at the shelf in shock.

I bought some Navratna Plus Herbal Cool Oil. You can use it for hair scalp and massage.
Easily absorbed into the scalp, helps in improving blood circulation. It strengthens and invigorates the hair root giving extra protection against greying and premature hair loss.

Ingredients........
Sesame Oil - quick penetrating oil for massage; promotes growth of strong, dark hair.
Menthol - Tones and refreshes oily skin keeping the skin healthy; cools the scalp and helps minimise dandruff.
Amla - Natural source of vitamin C; keeps skin cool; helps promote strong and healthy hair.
Camphor - Soothes muscles; cools and conditions the scalp; helps minimise dandruff.
Thyme - Tones the skin; helps strengthen hair roots.
Rosemary Oil - Conditions the skin; helps promote hair growth.

I had an itchy scalp so I put it on my scalp and massaged. My scalp no longer itches and feels great.

Boy, dem supermarket are catching on. :lachen:

Lemme run to the Hackney ones to see if it sold there. :grin:

ms_xcarlett

rahtid! :woot:

Im gonna have to check this out..i cant believe what im reading- food in asda`s.

Ive noticed the indian hair range..my sister let me know about the sainsburys in Sydenham doing it..but so does the one in thornton heath...i think all sainsburys may catch on..i remember my local sainsburys was selling Relaxer kits- that had me :eek:

rahtid! :woot:

Im gonna have to check this out..i cant believe what im reading- food in asda`s.

Ive noticed the indian hair range..my sister let me know about the sainsburys in Sydenham doing it..but so does the one in thornton heath...i think all sainsburys may catch on..i remember my local sainsburys was selling Relaxer kits- that had me :eek:

These supermarkets market well!! Trying looking for a relaxer kit in Chingford! :lachen: