Product Ingredient List

Imoan

How do you feel about using a product that ONLY has company logo, name of product and NO ingredient list? What if the ingredients is listed on the website? What if the product claims to contain a ingredient but it is not on the list?

Please share you thoughts on this, Thanks

waffigrl

Since there is an inconsistency with the product ingredient list and what it "claims" to have, I say RUN!!!
Seriously, the whole not listing the products is already shady, but then having things not mesh is another red flag.

NappyNelle

Kinky Coily 4A, Fine Strands, WSL
I fell for this back when I was relaxed. I LOVED KEMI-OYL!! I kept searching and searching, and even on LHCF or Nappturality, no one had any idea what was in the oil. I had to let it go even though it smelled so good. :cry2: :lol:

I may pick up a small bottle for nostalgia. :lol:

Kindheart

I assume it contains Mineral oil ,all 4 parabens and high doses of propylene glycol and the manifacturer hides it so you can believe you purchasing an all natural ,high quality product .

Imoan

I was shocked when I rec'd several products w/o ingredients listed on the jar/bottle. I was like um I have no clue as to what is in it, All they had was compnay logo, name of product and thats it.. I was told by one Vendor all ingrendients is listed on their website...

faithVA

I was shocked when I rec'd several products w/o ingredients listed on the jar/bottle. I was like um I have no clue as to what is in it, All they had was compnay logo, name of product and thats it.. I was told by one Vendor all ingrendients is listed on their website...

Where did you get them?

I have seen products at local markets and tradeshows that don't have ingredients listed. They are usually very small vendors that only sell locally. I think I bought one conditioner once but I don't buy from them anymore either.

Imoan

Where did you get them?

I have seen products at local markets and tradeshows that don't have ingredients listed. They are usually very small vendors that only sell locally. I think I bought one conditioner once but I don't buy from them anymore either.

ALL of them came from online Vendors, and I understand they may not know better being a few seem like new companies, great product list on website but I just had no clue they would send me stuff w/o ingredient listed on product, or lists was so tiny you could NOT read it...

LaToya28

I would contact the company and ask why they don't list the ingredients on the bottle. Maybe they use paper labels and know that it will smudge. Or maybe they had to find a way to keep costs down...not saying it's right, I'm just trying to think of possibe reasons. Which companies did this?

SouthernStunner

My 13yr old Men
I would not buy from them. I like an on hand list so I can compare and make notes on what my hair likes and does not like. Aint nobody got time to be running to the computer or even printing and having to go and find it later.

spellinto

That is SKETCHY when a company doesn't inform consumers directly (ie on their packaging) of what's in their products. I don't really care what the reasoning is behind it...I want to know what's going into my hair or I'm out.

prettyinpurple

Regarding an ingredient missing on the list:
I'd contact the vendor. Oftentimes they accidentally use the wrong labels or mislabel a product. It can happen with handmade items and items from a manufacturer. The reputable vendors are upfront, let their customers know the issue, and ease any confusion.

Now if a vendor gets an attitude or doesn't see a problem or wants to continue lying, then I would not patronize them again.

Angel of the North

I would stay away from products that didn't list ingredients, that's a setback waiting to happen and I sure don't have the time for that.

Imoan what were the products and who were the venders?

Last edited:

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
I questioned an on-line vendor about the ingredients of the products I had ordered (which didn't have the ingredients listed). :ohwell:

She told me that she had ordered like 1,000 Labels and when she finished them, she would have new ones printed that includes the ingredients.:perplexed

SMH.:blush:

HanaKuroi

I need to know what is in the products because I have allergies.

If I am going to sell a product I am going to list the ingredients. Why wouldn't I?

I would not use it.

Imoan I am going to need a pm. I need to know who to avoid please ma'am. :)

I understand that you don't want to call them out but I don't want to patronize their business.

trevprit

I know some people won't say because they think you'll make your own version of the product.

There was a big issue over youtube's blackonyx77's product. She said she uses an essential oil blend and people wanted to know what it was. IIRC she flatout refused.

I think she and a few other vendors who do that stated that if you have an allergy, just state what you are allergic to and they will tell you whether or not you can use their product.

There were mixed responses to that.

Long story short, who will be held responsible if I get burns or have a severe allergic reaction, for example? Who would I sue?:lol: So no, I would avoid those products.