product build up on my scalp

peachykeen

Ive always thought I had a dry scalp as I have dry skin in general. But, lately I have seen how my attempts to moisturize my hair after I blow dry with oils and cream, even olive oil. Lead my hair to have flakes everywhere within days. How can I keep my hair moisturized without getting this build up on my scalp?

I would suggest clarifying or shampooing more often and to only apply hair products to your hair and not the scalp. If you have fine hair the products may be too heavy for you.

I would suggest clarifying or shampooing more often and to only apply hair products to your hair and not the scalp. If you have fine hair the products may be too heavy for you.

Yes, I have fine hair. Also, I almost never clarify my hair or scalp. I always use mositurizing shampoo. I am using Mizani butters cream or whatever it is called. I guess its too much. I will try this thank you!

For Me, if I use alot of creams, oils and thicker daily moisturizing treatments, Clarifying is A Must.:grin:

At least every 4, 6, 8 weeks. I'll rinse with Clear water a long time, either apply the clarifying 'poo or con and let it sit awhile before working in and/or rinsing out.

Find either a Good Clarifying Shampoo (that isn't too harsh/dry/stripping) or a Clarifying Conditioner.

Alot of times I will Co-Wash with a Clarifying Conditioner to combat any potential 'dryness or stripping' of the Clarifying Shampoo.

You will also find that removing build-up will help your products 'perform' better.:yep:

Always follow up after a Clarifying treatment, by putting moisture back into Your hair.

Clarifying is definitely a must for me with the Hair One, I get a build up due to still using heavy Conditioners, after week 4 I clarify to keep those awesome results with out the snow flakes!

After I clarify I do a deep protein with a deep moiture conditioner, then follow the rest of my regimen the following weeks until clarifying time again. :D

EXACTLY what I was going to suggest. Clarify. Also, maybe you lighter oils versus heavy ones like castor. But if the oils you are using are working for your hair, then I def would agree with the idea of applying it to your strands and not our scalp. Or maybe use your fav oils and "cut" them with another thinner oil so it won't be so heavy? Just a few suggestions added on. :yep:

Back