Prenatal Vitamins for Hair Growth

Nicole-27

I'm a newbie and I've seen a few posts about taking prenatal vitamins to aid in hair growth. Is this safe when you're not pregnant? Can you take them with birth control pills?

oglorious1

Mixologist
I've been taking prenatal vitamins during and after my pregnancy, and I've had no problems, they are similar to regular multivitamins, you probably want to check with your doctor if you plan on taking any type of vitamins, to mix them with BC that I don't know...my friend ended up pregnant with a mixture of BC and antibiotics

CurleeDST

Antibiotics deactivate birth control pills. Physicians should be notified if you are on the pill before prescribing so they can properly instruct you to practice another form of birth control while taking it if on the pill.

oglorious1 said:
I've been taking prenatal vitamins during and after my pregnancy, and I've had no problems, they are similar to regular multivitamins, you probably want to check with your doctor if you plan on taking any type of vitamins, to mix them with BC that I don't know...my friend ended up pregnant with a mixture of BC and antibiotics

MizAvalon

I have read that it's a common misconception that women have, thinking that prenatal vitamins are making their hair grow, when in fact it's the hormones of the pregnancy.

I don't know if taking them would actually hurt you if you're not pregnant, but I can't imagine that they have any more benefit than regular vitamins.

Mizani_Mrs

Prenates are nothing more than high-dose daily vites. I just recently began taking prenates since it is somewhat comparable to the GNC hair vites, minus the proteins. I just started because someone on this board told me that the Source prenates were small enough to swallow and they are. But i don't take them daily as i should because they do make my stomache sick. I probably will start taking them daily once i purchase alot of breakfast and before-lunch snacks so to keep my stomache full. And when pregnant it's not the vites that make the hair grow, it is the hormones, but vites in general make the body healthier and stronger which can lead to a somewhat faster than normal growth rate, as well as make the hair stronger.