Pregnancy Hair: Some Questions

chica

I am 16 weeks pregnant and about a month and a half ago, I cut my 11+ inches of natural 4A hair ultra-short, beyond TWA status. Anyway, it is really growing out pretty quickly and is extremely thick! I know that durng pregnancy, the normal hair shedding process stops, so hairs that would have normally been lost remain intact. However, I am wondering, for those who accumulated a lot of volume and length during pregnancy, how did your hair change after the birth? Did it break? Shed? Anything else noteworthy happen with your "pregnancy hair"?

Nina_deF

My hair grew like crazy when I was pregnant, it was strong and I didn't even need any products in it after the regular shampoo and conditioner.
There was no abnormal shedding at all after the child was born. A little shedding accured after I stop breastfeeding but nothing to complain about.

Honi

There is no board.
My hair grew like crazy. I acquired a whole lotta inches and I was happy about that. However, about 3 months later my hair started shedding like crazy. I guess all that growth wasn’t supposed to be mine. It didn’t break but it wrecked my nerves a little bit because I haven’t seen that much hair come out in a long time. I thought about Adrienne and saved it for my album. I will post a pic soon. Eventually it stopped but my edges got a little thin. I sprayed some Surge on it twice a day and it filled right back in.