Pregnancy Hair Care - Support Thread!

BadMamaJama

Not preg now, but......

My 4b hair won't perm when Im preg so I wore braids with my son 12 years ago and a weave with my daughter 2 years ago.
My relaxed hair ends up breaking if I wear braids or a weave so I ended up transitioning (but I didn't know it was called that) until I finished breastfeeding. My son I bf for 6 mos and daughter 9 mos. It worked out fine because my hair grew like crazy so I was kind of back to wear I started. I didn't have a regimen at all either time.

cheerrette

Got my hair in a bun. It looks really cute, just hoping that it doesnt break. I plan to straighten my hair on the 18th for my shower that Saturday. I want my ends to look full and even.

I cant figure out what I am going to do to my hair for delivery. I think it will be easier to just where it straight, but I am positive that I will sweat it out. A bun would hold up well since I gel my hair, but it will be in the way while im laying in that bed. I don't have the patience to sit and get braids, well I have the patience I am just too uncomfortable to sit for that long. I don't own a wig and won't be buying one just for that, a curly weave would work but I don't have anyone to do it for me that I trust...

What are you guys planning to do?

BraunSugar

When I was pregnant I didn't relax, but I did color my hair. My hair didn't grow any faster, and I didn't have any post-partum shedding. I kept my hair in a puff most of the time because I didn't feel like doing anything else lol. Congrats judy4all on your coming bundle of joy! I hope your pregnancy is stress free and simple!

TayMac

My hair did retain length in my 1st preg. I cut it on my 2nd. I continued with relaxers through pregnancy and breastfeeding...usually I touch up every 10-12 weeks. They did not take well while pregnant.

I wore kinky twist with extensions for 2 months this time. I didn't have time for a delivery hairstyle since I unexpectedly had my son at 36 weeks. I looked like crap but I didn't care.

JudithO

Haaaaaaaa.... More hair falling.... hair is shedding by the handful... I'm 9 weeks now... Maybe it's time for a BC... :(