Pre-poo (oil treatment) before clarifying . . . good idea?

Glib Gurl

Since the purpose of a clarifying shampoo is to take everything out, I'm wondering if it makes sense to pre-poo with oil beforehand . . . I mean you could argue it makes it even more important to pre-poo since clarifying shampoos can be harsh/rough on the hair.

Thoughts? (Yes, I'm getting ready to clarify tonight . . . ordinarily would do it in the morning but it's too c-c-c-cold to be walking out of the house with a wet heat.)

I had the exact same question last week and I finally decided to do the prepoo with oil. Like you said, clarifying strips the hair. If nothing else, it shouldn't hurt.

I prepoo with Vatika oil or EVCO even if I'm clarifying. Since I've learned the benefits of coconut oil prepoos, I never wet my hair with out using some!

I prepoo with Vatika oil or EVCO even if I'm clarifying. Since I've learned the benefits of coconut oil prepoos, I never wet my hair with out using some!

:yep:

Thanks for the feedback, ladies! I'm sitting here typing with some Global Goddress hair oil (coconut, alma and a few other oils mixed together) under a cap.

Has it interfered with the clarifying any? Do you feel that the oil doesn't allow you to clarify as thoroughly?

Great thread, Glib Gurl! I've been having this EXACT same thought myself.

Back