Pravana Keratin Fusion Texture Control

achangedlife

I found that Aveda salons offer this process. She said it's 100/hr, and it usually takes 2 and 1/2 hrs depending on the length of hair. It's lye, thio, and femoldahyde (sp?) free. I really want to try this but I plan on going for a consultation first. I still have lots of questions like do you have to have virgin hair or can you apply it to just the new growths of the pre relaxed hair? Will my previously relaxed hair fall out, do I need to cut it off first (which I will not do)? Does it really last 4-6 months? Any one who knows anything about this process please help.

achangedlife

I just called aveda back and she said it's ok to apply it over previously relaxed hair cause it doesn't contain thio or lye and it actually works as a treatment on previously relaxed hair and makes it stronger.

MissMeWithThatIsh

I just called aveda back and she said it's ok to apply it over previously relaxed hair cause it doesn't contain thio or lye and it actually works as a treatment on previously relaxed hair and makes it stronger.
I was about to add that possibility as well. It's protein and it's relatively free of the harsh chemicals most relaxers have. Hope all works out for you. I'm sorry, I would rather not pay $200 for that if I can find it online and have a trusted friend (and I have one) do it for me.

achangedlife

Looking at how cheap the kit is I was also thinking that I can do it myself but I've broken my hair off many times trying to do self relaxers so I won't risk it. People pay more for the bottles of brazilian keratin and that is not even permanent. The lady at aveda says this one is permanent. Oh and thanks for the link :)

achangedlife

I don't see where it says you can't have any chemical services done, it says to question client about previous allergic reactions to a chemical service. Maybe I read it wrong, I'll look at it again. The lady at aveda said they could do a strand test so I can see the final results.

ebonylocs

I've had email correspondence with Pravana's technical guy. He told me that if you have relaxed hair, you should only apply it to the new growth. He said the ideal scenario would be to apply it to a full head of virgin curly hair.

achangedlife

Well I'm not losing my length just for this. When I go in for my consultation I'll quiz them some more. They told me that the manager of the salon has had this done twice and I can come take a look at her hair if I want to. I didn't ask if she was black or if she had it done over a relaxer.

luckiestdestiny

Hey guys I'm just going to copy paste this. I realize now it's not for those who want to stay natural as a temporary, it's permanent, but it could have adverse effects. Here's what I pasted on another thread:
Did research about Pravana which is just like a relaxer and found this:
Star
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#1234 Nov 22, 2008
My hair stylist put the Pravana straighten treatment in my hair in July 08 and told me that it was a Brazilian Kertain Treatment. Anyway shortly I found out on research of my own that it is NOT! I am of African American decent and the product did make my hair straight however I've lost ALOT of hair in long strands every day. As of today November 22, 2008 I have short pieces of hair sticking up all over my head. The hair lost per day is amazing to every hair stylist I show. I've tried every conditioner and is now using JOICO K-PAK Moisture and Reconstruct. I use the Kendra color-care sulfate free for the shampoo. Please anyone who has any advice I am willing to listen and try a way to stop or reverse the damage. I started with a head full of very thick hair now my head of hair is thin and the strands literally come out if you just grap and slightly pull my hair, it is totally depressing! I did try in the beginning the Pravana shampoo and conditioner. If you have any suggestions please email me at [email protected]
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-lauderdale-fl/T1JF9N2KG0TFANTEP/p60

AtlantaJJ

Hey guys I'm just going to copy paste this. I realize now it's not for those who want to stay natural as a temporary, it's permanent, but it could have adverse effects. Here's what I pasted on another thread:
Did research about Pravana which is just like a relaxer and found this:
Star
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Reply »
|Report Abuse |Judge it! |#1234 Nov 22, 2008
My hair stylist put the Pravana straighten treatment in my hair in July 08 and told me that it was a Brazilian Kertain Treatment. Anyway shortly I found out on research of my own that it is NOT! I am of African American decent and the product did make my hair straight however I've lost ALOT of hair in long strands every day. As of today November 22, 2008 I have short pieces of hair sticking up all over my head. The hair lost per day is amazing to every hair stylist I show. I've tried every conditioner and is now using JOICO K-PAK Moisture and Reconstruct. I use the Kendra color-care sulfate free for the shampoo. Please anyone who has any advice I am willing to listen and try a way to stop or reverse the damage. I started with a head full of very thick hair now my head of hair is thin and the strands literally come out if you just grap and slightly pull my hair, it is totally depressing! I did try in the beginning the Pravana shampoo and conditioner. If you have any suggestions please email me at [email protected]
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/fort-lauderdale-fl/T1JF9N2KG0TFANTEP/p60
:arrowup: so very sad... :nono:

I'll see where all this shakes out to this time next year... I'll be :lurking: in the mean time....

ebonylocs

This is the correspondence I had in November last year with Pravana. Read from bottom up:

Hi A****,

Thanks again for your email. I have answered your questions in Purple below.

Danny.
----- Original Message -----
To: Danny McKillop
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 9:32 PM
Subject: Re: Pravana Keratin Fusion

Thank you for your reply, Danny.

Just to clarify one point: Could I not do the "demi-permanent procedure", applying it to my non-relaxed hair at the roots only? Yes, you "could", but it may look strange with soft curl at root area and straight ends.

And if so, after it "wore off" would I then need to apply it again to the same portion of my hair? Yes.

Does it wear off completely, or does it leave the hair to some degree still "processed"? It gradually reverts back to the natural curl in approximatelly 6 months. Each head of hair is different. The chemical effects on the hair (reduction of disulfide bonds) are permanent, unless the hair is treated with potein and moisture treatments, until grown out or cut off.
Thank you.

--- On Tue, 11/11/08, Danny McKillop <[email protected]> wrote:

Subject: Re: Pravana Keratin Fusion
To: A*****
Cc: "Felix Cabrera" <[email protected]>
Date: Tuesday, November 11, 2008, 11:57 AM

Hi A****
Thank you for your email. ..

To answer your question: Yes, apply KF to your new growth only. It appears your hair has had a previous permanent procedure relaxer used on it to have a defined regrowth.

To use our system as a demi permanent relaxer would require using on hair with no straight relaxed ends but only evenly curly hair from scalp to ends.

I hope I have answered your question adequately.

Regards,

Danny.

Danny McKillop
Pravana
Naturceuticals
Technical Hotline
1-800-957-5629
Mon-Fri 9-5 PMT.
New Saturday Hours:
9:00 -1:00pm
----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected]
Sent: Tuesday, November 11, 2008 1:26 AM
Subject: Pravana Keratin Fusion

I hope I'm emailing the correct address for this type of question.

I recently learnt about this product. I live in the UK, and on your site I haven't seen whether any UK salons offer this service.

In any case, I have a few questions. I am Afro-Caribbean and have hair that is tightly curled in its natural state. It is currently relaxed with a no-lye relaxer, but has a few inches of virgin hair at the root because I did my last relaxer a few months ago.

If I were to use Pravana, should it only be applied to my new growth, and not to my previously relaxed hair?

I am interested in the room-temperature process, as I do *not* want completely straight hair. Your website says that process is temporary. Does this mean one would have to get it applied to the entire head each time? And if so, would that be detrimental to the health of the hair, since the product contains cysteamine, which breaks disulpide bonds?

Thank you for answering my questions ( or for forwarding them to the appropriate person).

Regards,

A****

Tej

I've had this product in my hair for about 4 months and hate it. The gal told me it was just like the Liquid Keratin product that I used and LOVED. But this product is nothing like it. The first sign was the smell! It may not contain any of those chemicals it mentions but I tell you...it contains something very strong! After the service my hair was BONE STRAIGHT! And that was not what I wanted. With the Liquid Keratin my hair was fab...the product just softened my curl enough to make it soooo much more manageable. So when I wanted to wear it straight a dryer and flatiron did the job. i could press the roots in like 15 mins flat! Soft, healthy and fab. My hair has been coming out like CRAZY with this Pravana. i'm surprised I still have hair left. I condition and deep condition weekly and I have not put any heat in my hair since the first week I've had it. I wear phony ponies or two strand twists. Now I have about 1-1.5 inches of new growth and have NO IDEA what to do. I'm slackin' up on the ponies cuz the combs are now breaking my hair off! I should have neverswitched from the Liquid Keratin...My hair was fab...but my budget changed. Pravana Did NOT work for me!:wallbash::nono: