Praise God!!! Kermit Gosnell Found Guilty!!!

Nice & Wavy

Who is he? Well...read here:

http://www.nytimes.com/2013/05/14/us/kermit-gosnell-abortion-doctor-found-guilty-of-murder.html?_r=0

PHILADELPHIA — Dr. Kermit Gosnell, a West Philadelphia doctor known for performing late-term abortions, was found guilty on Monday on three of four counts of first-degree murder.

The verdict came after a five-week trial in which the prosecution and the defense battled over whether the fetuses Dr. Gosnell was charged with killing were alive when they were removed from their mothers.
Prosecutors have said they will seek the death penalty when the trial moves into the sentencing phase on May 21.

Dr. Gosnell, 72, wearing a dark suit, showed no emotion as the jury foreman read the verdicts on the 10th day of deliberations. Before the foreman spoke, Dr. Gosnell smiled at his lawyer, Jack J. McMahon, and shook his hand. Security in the courtroom was very tight, with 10 additional sheriff’s deputies in the room to keep order.

Dr. Gosnell was acquitted of one first-degree murder charge involving an aborted fetus. He was also acquitted of third-degree murder in the death of a 41-year-old patient but was found guilty of a lesser charge of involuntary manslaughter in that case.

The gruesome nature of the case and the squalid conditions in Dr. Gosnell’s clinic had fueled arguments on both sides of the abortion debate. Anti-abortion campaigners used the case to reinforce their argument that the practice is immoral, while abortion rights advocates warned that it underlined the need to ensure the availability of properly regulated abortions.

Some activists accused the national news media of providing scant coverage of the trial to help protect the case for abortion rights. The critics included the Roman Catholic archbishop of Philadelphia, Charles J. Chaput. The 29 reporters present in the courtroom for the verdict were warned by a court official that no electronic communication would be allowed while the verdict was being read.

Prosecutors had argued that Dr. Gosnell murdered seven late-term infants who would have survived if he or his assistants had not given them a drug designed to cause “fetal demise” and then plunged scissors into their necks to ensure that they were dead. But the prosecution suffered a setback last month when Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart of the Court of Common Pleas threw out three of the seven first-degree murder charges without giving a reason.

Clinic workers who appeared as witnesses for the prosecution said some of the fetuses appeared to move or make noises. One, known as Baby D, was delivered into a toilet and appeared to make swimming motions before one of Dr. Gosnell’s assistants cut its neck, according to a worker cited during closing arguments by Edward Cameron, an assistant district attorney.
Mr. Cameron and another assistant district attorney, Joanne Pescatore, also told the jury, which was composed of eight women and four men, that Dr. Gosnell kept the severed feet of aborted fetuses in dozens of jars around his clinic, the Women’s Medical Society in West Philadelphia.

According to a January 2011 grand jury report, Dr. Gosnell’s patients were covered with bloodstained blankets, treated with unsterilized instruments and surrounded by cats that were allowed to defecate in the building.
To bolster their argument that Dr. Gosnell subjected his patients to filthy and dangerous conditions, prosecutors presented the jury with a dirty procedure table and a stained ultrasound probe. That left Dr. Gosnell facing four charges of first-degree murder, as well as one charge of third-degree murder in connection with the death of the patient. The lesser charges he faced included violating a Pennsylvania law that bans abortions beyond 24 weeks, and more than 200 counts of breaking a state law that requires doctors to wait 24 hours to perform an abortion after the first consultation with the patient.

In defense arguments, Mr. McMahon argued that there was no evidence that any of the fetuses were born alive and that his client was therefore not guilty on any of the murder counts. He also told jurors that the death of the patient, a refugee from Bhutan, was due to existing medical problems and not to an overdose of an anesthetic administered by Dr. Gosnell’s unlicensed assistants, as prosecutors had said. Mr. McMahon also dismissed prosecutors’ arguments that one of the fetuses, Baby C, was alive after being aborted. He said that a reported movement was just a “spasm” and that Baby C was not breathing.

Belle Du Jour

You know, I noticed that when I tried to post links to this on Facebook the headlines changed from "Gosnell guilty of first degree murder" to "Hung jury over charges." That was so shady and goes to show that people want to tame the reality of this atrocity because they will have to accept that if what this man did at 28 weeks is wrong, it is wrong at 24 weeks, 12 weeks, etc.

Belle Du Jour

Ladies, continue to remember the unborn in your prayers. Fetuses have been rescued from abortion during prayer vigils at abortion clinics. Continue to pray...

Belle Du Jour

Someone on my feed said hopefully this will increase access to birth control and first term abortions. What people fail to realize (or just don't care) is that promiscuity is the root cause. Contraception fails and that leads to more irresponsible behavior aka solve the "problem" with an abortion. The problem is not the baby--it's the irresponsible parents.

SUPER SWEET

I really pray for his ALL his victims. He targeted the desperate. I went to college in walking distance to his location. I know for a fact many college young ladies went there to his practice. Many of them will never be able to bear children. I suspect he may have done vicious things to women's bodies.

Nice & Wavy

You know, I noticed that when I tried to post links to this on Facebook the headlines changed from "Gosnell guilty of first degree murder" to "Hung jury over charges." That was so shady and goes to show that people want to tame the reality of this atrocity because they will have to accept that if what this man did at 28 weeks is wrong, it is wrong at 24 weeks, 12 weeks, etc.
Hung jury? These people are shady to say the least:nono:. You are right...it's wrong at any time.

Nice & Wavy

Someone on my feed said hopefully this will increase access to birth control and first term abortions. What people fail to realize (or just don't care) is that promiscuity is the root cause. Contraception fails and that leads to more irresponsible behavior aka solve the "problem" with an abortion. The problem is not the baby--it's the irresponsible parents.
Exactly.....:nono:

Nice & Wavy

I really pray for his ALL his victims. He targeted the desperate. I went to college in walking distance to his location. I know for a fact many college young ladies went there to his practice. Many of them will never be able to bear children. I suspect he may have done vicious things to women's bodies.
He has to answer to God for every child that he murdered. He will see each child's face when he does and he won't be able to say a word. It's as if he wanted to just slaughter these precious babies and maim the women so that they won't be able to have any more children.

He is a despicable black man....:nono:

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
I agree to pray for this man's victims as well.. for restoration and healing.

wow this story...so disheartening to read. "Abortion doctor" is such an oxymoron ...

"If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection hereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help."
- from Hippocratic Oath

Ladies, continue to remember the unborn in your prayers. Fetuses have been rescued from abortion during prayer vigils at abortion clinics. Continue to pray...

Nice & Wavy

I agree to pray for this man's victims as well.. for restoration and healing.

wow this story...so disheartening to read. "Abortion doctor" is such an oxymoron ...

"If I do not violate this oath, may I enjoy life and art, respected while I live and remembered with affection hereafter. May I always act so as to preserve the finest traditions of my calling and may I long experience the joy of healing those who seek my help."
- from Hippocratic Oath
Thank you, Laela for posting the 'Hippocratic Oath'. This man isn't a doctor if he doesn't abide by these words he proclaimed...just sick:nono:

MrsHaseeb

He is a wicked man, but there is no difference between him and Planned Parenthood. It's not better that they perform their murders in sanitized (if it can be called that) conditions. Its all abominable and utterly wicked. I don't think it means anything to put this man away yet leave Planned Parenthood to destroy innocent babies in a "clean" environment. All of that filth needs to be destroyed.

Belle Du Jour

MrsHaseeb that is the irony of this whole situation. :ohwell: I guess for some people aren't considered "people" until they look like babies. It's easier to rationalize that it is just a clump of cells and tissue. We know God knit us in the womb and knew us from that very moment. May this Gosnell tragedy get people to wake up.

Last edited:

Shimmie

"God is the Only Truth -- Period"
Staff member
:cry: :cry: :cry:

Prosecutors had argued that Dr. Gosnell murdered seven late-term infants who would have survived if he or his assistants had not given them a drug designed to cause “fetal demise” and then plunged scissors into their necks to ensure that they were dead. But the prosecution suffered a setback last month when Judge Jeffrey P. Minehart of the Court of Common Pleas threw out three of the seven first-degree murder charges without giving a reason.

Dr. Gosnell, 72, wearing a dark suit, showed no emotion as the jury foreman read the verdicts on the 10th day of deliberations. Before the foreman spoke, Dr. Gosnell smiled at his lawyer, Jack J. McMahon, and shook his hand. Security in the courtroom was very tight, with 10 additional sheriff’s deputies in the room to keep order.
:nono::nono::nono::nono::nono: "No Heart"

---------

Thanks for sharing this Precious Wavy... :giveheart:

Lady Belle, you are so right, the problem is irresponsible sexual behaviour. And I agree to pray for the 'unborn'.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

The horrible, sad thing about this is that......people will still have abortions and won't consider it murder.:nono: I'm always saddened when I see people think this way...they have closed their hearts and their minds to the ONE who gives them life everyday.

Shimmie

Staff member
The horrible, sad thing about this is that......people will still have abortions and won't consider it murder.:nono: I'm always saddened when I see people think this way...they have closed their hearts and their minds to the ONE who gives them life everyday.

I know Sis... I know :cry:

Precious Wavy, how can ANYONE stab a little baby in the back of their neck to murder them. HOW, Sis? How? :cry:

This just hurts deep in my heart. What kind of monster could do such a thing?

And Precious Wavy and Lady Belle, there are even more 'Frankenstein's ... out there (they have not measured up to be called doctors :nono:), who are doing this very same thing...murdering little babies, every single day. This man was just caught but there are 1000's of others out there yet to be caught and stopped in their tracks. They have been taught to do this and it's been going on for decades. It's not right. :nono:

How would they like to be stabbed in the neck? I can't even think of putting that much pain in someone's life, even if I hated them. :nono: It would definitely have to be an act of self-defense, not murder. These little babies have harmed no one.

Last edited:

Nice & Wavy

I know Sis... I know :cry:

Precious Wavy, how can ANYONE stab a little baby in the back of their neck to murder them. HOW, Sis? How? :cry:

This just hurts deep in my heart. What kind of monster could do such a thing?

And Precious Wavy and Lady Belle, there are even more 'Frankenstein's ... out there (they have not measured up to be called doctors :nono:), who are doing this very same thing...murdering little babies, every single day. This man was just caught but there are 1000's of others out there yet to be caught and stopped in their tracks. They have been taught to do this and it's been going on for decades. It's not right. :nono:

How would they like to be stabbed in the neck? I can't even think of putting that much pain in someone's life, even if I hated them. :nono:
"And you shall not let any of your seed pass through the fire to Molech, neither shall you profane the name of your God: I am the LORD." Leviticus 18: 21

These people have no idea what they will have to answer to...Oh, Lord.....they don't have a clue:nono::nono::nono:

MrsHaseeb

And I guess this is my problem with the women. Many of the women only feel guilty because now they are barren or because they suffered tremendous pain due to the abortion. Why does it matter that there was cat feces or blood everywhere? You purposely went there to have your baby murdered. All they are really doing is putting this man away to save face for this murder industry. It will keep people callous and not allow them to feel guilty if its done in a seemingly clean environment where the murderers running the place feign concern for the mother who chooses to have an innocent baby killed. All of this is an illusion to make this damnation business nice and pristine looking. From what I heard, neighbors reported hearing the screams of innocent babies as they were mutilated and left to die. These are people, God's handiwork, not masses of cells. My sympathy and prayers are for the unborn. The best I can pray for the women who elected to go there is that they repent.

Shimmie

Staff member
And I guess this is my problem with the women. Many of the women only feel guilty because now they are barren or because they suffered tremendous pain due to the abortion. Why does it matter that there was cat feces or blood everywhere? You purposely went there to have your baby murdered.

All they are really doing is putting this man away to save face for this murder industry. It will keep people callous and not allow them to feel guilty if its done in a seemingly clean environment where the murderers running the place feign concern for the mother who chooses to have an innocent baby killed. All of this is an illusion to make this damnation business nice and pristine looking.

From what I heard, neighbors reported hearing the screams of innocent babies as they were mutilated and left to die.

These are people, God's handiwork, not masses of cells. My sympathy and prayers are for the unborn. The best I can pray for the women who elected to go there is that they repent.

No, no, no... :nono: :cry:

Nice & Wavy

And I guess this is my problem with the women. Many of the women only feel guilty because now they are barren or because they suffered tremendous pain due to the abortion. Why does it matter that there was cat feces or blood everywhere? You purposely went there to have your baby murdered. All they are really doing is putting this man away to save face for this murder industry. It will keep people callous and not allow them to feel guilty if its done in a seemingly clean environment where the murderers running the place feign concern for the mother who chooses to have an innocent baby killed. All of this is an illusion to make this damnation business nice and pristine looking. From what I heard, neighbors reported hearing the screams of innocent babies as they were mutilated and left to die. These are people, God's handiwork, not masses of cells. My sympathy and prayers are for the unborn. The best I can pray for the women who elected to go there is that they repent.
People are generally selfish....women, men are very selfish and only think about themselves. They could care less about anything else but themselves. This is why its so easy. This is why they can do this. They know its wrong, but they are so selfish that they push the 'wrong' of it all to the side and do what they want. But, when the consequences of sin is staring them in the face, they don't want to deal with it and blame everyone/everything else and not themselves.

Blackpearl1993

Ladies, I agree with you all! This so-called "doctor" was wrong. He is a murderer and there really is no way around that if people are willing/able to see the truth. Of course, we know that truth can never truly be accepted/understood until we give our hearts to God. However, the mothers who chose this path are also very, very wrong. They were just as responsible for this travesty. The moms who went there for late term abortions had felt those poor unborn children move in their womb! Those who went for earlier term abortions inherently knew that their unborn children were not just a mass of cells. People say "mass of cells" as an excuse to cover their sins. I am truly sorry and saddened by what happened to the babies and for the long term damage the women endured (one --that we know of-- even died), but these women partnered with Kermit in this heinous act. I pray that the women and Kermit will repent, I pray for the precious unborn babies that are in danger of being mutilated every day, and I pray that God will destroy Planned Parenthood. I also pray that our lawmakers and society as a whole will have the scales removed from their eyes and realize that we are partnering with the devil when we provide funding for Planned Parenthood. I pray for our President who stated, "God bless Planned Parenthood" and who sees nothing wrong with partial birth abortion. I am deeply anguished by the details in this trial (I read the detailed findings/evidence in the case---it was gut wrenching to say the least). I cried and cried for days. Our society needs to stop passing blame to others when poor, destructive choices are made. When children are murdered many times before they can even take a breath, or they are tortured by being left to die rather than nursed at their mommy's breast, there is more than one person responsible. Roe v. Wade was the opening of Pandora's box. Promiscuity and indoctrinating our young people with salacious images 24/7 is the gasoline poured on this disgusting blaze.

MrsHaseeb

I agree Blackpearl1993. The media is brainwashing (using sorcery) and indoctrinating the entire society by playing with words. Any idiot knows the opposite of life is death, NOT CHOICE. But they spew out this pro-choice lie to make the pill easy to swallow for the masses and its worked. The industry is one of death and it brings a curse to kill innocent babies. I heard a pastor say he wonders sometimes why God doesn't come down and destroy this hellhole. I had to agree. Then the other day I read these verses:

Romans 9:22 KJV
What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

God's power will be manifest and destroy all wickedness though His hand is seemingly still. He is letting them fill up their sins to damn them later. There will be no help for them when God gets ahold of them. That's terrifying. Its time for people to REPENT.

Blackpearl1993

I agree Blackpearl1993. The media is brainwashing (using sorcery) and indoctrinating the entire society by playing with words. Any idiot knows the opposite of life is death, NOT CHOICE. But they spew out this pro-choice lie to make the pill easy to swallow for the masses and its worked. The industry is one of death and it brings a curse to kill innocent babies. I heard a pastor say he wonders sometimes why God doesn't come down and destroy this hellhole. I had to agree. Then the other day I read these verses:

What if God, willing to shew his wrath, and to make his power known, endured with much longsuffering the vessels of wrath fitted to destruction:

God's power will be manifest and destroy all wickedness though His hand is seemingly still. He is letting them fill up their sins to damn them later. There will be no help for them when God gets ahold of them. That's terrifying. Its time for people to REPENT.

The deluded pro choice folks bristle and snarl when pro lifers use the word murder. Well....believers know that the truth offends when it meets sin. I find it hypocritical to say the least when people are outraged about horrible tragedies like the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting and then scream and cry for gun control and reform in the criminal justice system. Yet, these same individuals say nothing as millions of babies are torn apart and ripped from the womb (sorry to be graphic). So basically.....a child's right to life should merely depend on his address and age?? In other words whether he is in the womb or outside it? Whether he is 5+ years old and can be shuffled off to mother substitutes for his care so the parents can pursue their own interests?? The mendacity is disgusting.

** I am in no way saying that what happened in Sandy Hook is acceptable. It was an outrageous tragedy just as the murder of any child should be.

Laela

Sidestepping the "lynch mob"
Man, in his flesh is selfish. I agree...I don't know though, as a caveat, for some people it may not have been as easy as we'd like to think. One thing I got from the 40 Days for Life is the stories that came out...from the poor immigrant who was lied to by the clinic that she has twins so they could have her pay twice as much (someone was able to help her get help at a pregnancy crisis center and her baby was saved), to the couple that hesitated outside a clinic while people prayed, then decided to drive away instead. Not making any excuses for anyone but some women seemed to have suffered some form of abuse in and out the clinics. We never really know, until they share their stories, what their frame of mind was. Like with suicide or any addiction, people's thoughts may be inclined to not care, be depressed or feel abandoned. Those are the manifestations of sin. What's that saying "I can do bad all by myself"...It's true the consequences won't go magically away, but the Good News is for people to know there is still Hope in Christ Jesus. They have to know of this hope first, to get past sin. Some people are strong, others are not and need more help and time than others. Some will reject God, others embrace Him. But for all, prayer helps...

People are generally selfish....women, men
are very selfish and only think about themselves. They could care less about anything else but themselves. This is why its so easy. This is why they can do this. They know its wrong, but they are so selfish that they push the 'wrong' of it all to the side and do what they want. But, when the consequences of sin is staring them in the face, they don't want to deal with it and blame everyone/everything else and not themselves.

Nice & Wavy

Man, in his flesh is selfish. I agree...I don't know though, as a caveat, for some people it may not have been as easy as we'd like to think. One thing I got from the 40 Days for Life is the stories that came out...from the poor immigrant who was lied to by the clinic that she has twins so they could have her pay twice as much (someone was able to help her get help at a pregnancy crisis center and her baby was saved), to the couple that hesitated outside a clinic while people prayed, then decided to drive away instead. Not making any excuses for anyone but some women seemed to have suffered some form of abuse in and out the clinics. We never really know, until they share their stories, what their frame of mind was. Like with suicide or any addiction, people's thoughts may be inclined to not care, be depressed or feel abandoned. Those are the manifestations of sin. What's that saying "I can do bad all by myself"...It's true the consequences won't go magically away, but the Good News is for people to know there is still Hope in Christ Jesus. They have to know of this hope first, to get past sin. Some people are strong, others are not and need more help and time than others. Some will reject God, others embrace Him. But for all, prayer helps...
You are right, Laela. I should have made myself clear...I was speaking about the doctors (men and women) who do this to others, not necessarily the women who have the abortions, although they do play a huge part in it.:yep:

sweetvi

Your last paragraph is deeeeep wowww

AbundantlyBlessed

Another untold part of the story is the trauma that fathers experience in the process. I had a male friend who shared his story. He got so sick in the process that he had to go to the emergency room as a result of his girlfriend aborting their baby. The doctors in the ER room wrongly guessed that he might have been raped before referring his to the psychologist. I had not heard of the impact of fathers of aborted babies before he shared is story.
Also, my heart goes out to the women who endured this experience.

HWAY

I don't think very many people have addressed the impact of abortion on men. The focus is on the woman. I know they remember those pregnancies just like the women remember.

Galadriel

The deluded pro choice folks bristle and snarl when pro lifers use the word murder. Well....believers know that the truth offends when it meets sin. I find it hypocritical to say the least when people are outraged about horrible tragedies like the Sandy Hook Elementary school shooting and then scream and cry for gun control and reform in the criminal justice system. Yet, these same individuals say nothing as millions of babies are torn apart and ripped from the womb (sorry to be graphic). So basically.....a child's right to life should merely depend on his address and age?? In other words whether he is in the womb or outside it? Whether he is 5+ years old and can be shuffled off to mother substitutes for his care so the parents can pursue their own interests?? The mendacity is disgusting.

** I am in no way saying that what happened in Sandy Hook is acceptable. It was an outrageous tragedy just as the murder of any child should be.

disgtgyal

Reading the details of the testimony was very difficult to say the least, it's very hard to imagine anyone having that level of apathy to be able to stick a pair of scissors in the back of neck of a newborn... But with that being sad my prayers are for the women who thought that was their only option, and I also pray for that doctor (his credentials and license makes him one an immoral one but one nonetheless and I wouldn't take that away from him unless he loses it) I pray that he receives salvation and that God uses him to deliver other doctors who perform abortions. Despite what anyone does its hard for me to wish evil on them, I think a greater hit to the enemy is taking someone out of the darkness the enemy had them in and into the light of God, and now that person is being used by God. Just my opinion...