Posting As A Guest - Can We Add This?

lana

Dear Moderators,

Can we add the option to post as a guest?

I have a few reasons for this request, but one in particular is that I think it would allow a user to post a question or topic that they would prefer to share anonymously.

I can think of a LOT of topics that I would like to post in the Off Topic and Relationship thread, but I hesitate to do so. If I had the option to post anonymously I would definitely use it.

Not to mention, this would help eliminate "trolls". All users would know that the person is posting as a guest-introducing a topic that might be controversial or private. I don't want to incite arguments, but I will say that it wouldn't hurt to encourage constructive conversation and dialogue.

Please reply.

Thank you!

Hi! I'm fine with the moderators knowing who we are even if we post incognito. I would just like to be able to start a thread anonymously to all of my fellow members. The mods have to maintain control of the board so I truly do understand.

@Nazaneen

why not just start the thread?

or prefix it with *this is not me but a friend* like a lot of other posters do

Hmm...because I don't like to lie (lol) It might really be me. @sj10460
I would like to respond and answer questions without acting like it's about a friend. You know?

But I see what you mean...those threads usually go wayyy left because people think it was the original poster.

Back