Post pics of your Braid Out, Twist Out, Bantu Knot Out, etc.

yikes! Sorry for size. 40 weeks post in these pics

I'm 30 weeks post (planning to long-term transition for minimum of 24 months) and ready to try braidouts. What products are you using for your braid out, especially for hold on the relaxed hair and humidity/frizz control on the natural hair? Thanks
beauti

tapioca_pudding - Hi! For my braid out, I use water, V05 conditioner or creme moisturizer and coconut oil, usually braid in about 3 to 4 braids and roll with a perm rod at the ends. Im going to try doing a lot of braids for a tighter outcome.

FARS, lol, I just wash, DC, Protien and I airdry then use my bumpers and curl, I dont have the time or patience to do a traditional Rollerset, plus I suck at them, something serious, lol

I finish both with Oil Sheen :)

KhandiB what are bumpers? What does bumpers and curl mean? I like the way your set looks because I can't rollerset for nothing!

Beenthere that pic was taken last month and that was my second braidout ever. I remember I braided my freshly washed damp hair in two braids but I don't remember what products I used. I did use the loc method though hth.... oh and I'm also transitioning.... I think :spinning:

Beenthere - Sorry , I dont know why I called them that!! I have I think 1 1/2 inch curling iron and I curl sections of my hair, I can post pics if you like :)

All of you ladies have beautiful,healthy hair..Im representing for TWA sisters..

image-1002791704.jpg

Twist out back...braid up and three day old twist out front

My hair is still short , but this is how my twists out normally are styled :

image-3453995670.jpg

Sorry for the huge pics , I don't know how to delete them ! Lol

Attachments

• image-184150655.jpg
    image-184150655.jpg
    55.4 KB · Views: 175
  • image-652226333.jpg
    image-652226333.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Edited image color for my Instagram but this is one of my favorite styles

Omgosh I think this just gave me life lol...what products did you use for this? And did you do it the night b4 and take down in the morning?

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

Bantu Knot Out...

7e91625f-5587-4b5e-952c-add67571dd4d_zps7825922e.jpg

Omgosh I think this just gave me life lol...what products did you use for this? And did you do it the night b4 and take down in the morning?

HPG

I used Giovanni leave in and Shea moisture (butter ) I'm not sure the name of it ..lol. I twisted at night and undid in the morning used sweet almond oil as I took down each twist..it lasted three days..it could have lasted longer but I can't seem to keep my hands out of my hair ):

I'm sure I posted these in various threads before, but I figure this is a good thread to post them all in.

These are all from when I was relaxed and I have low density.

braidout w/ satin rollers on ends
braidout 11-2012.jpgbraidout 7.5.12.jpg

braidout w/ perm rods rolled almost all the way to scalp
braidout with perm rods 2 5.8.13 compressed.jpg

Twistout - has to be the only good twistout I've ever had, lol.
twistout 2 7.27.12.jpg

Bantu knots out - Yeah, I've NEVER had a good one.

Here's my twist out from Friday. The first pic is the twists that produced the twist out, then my twist out during the day, then after work (before I went out). The last pic is my hair after going out on Friday. :blush:

View attachment 222531

View attachment 222533

View attachment 222535

View attachment 222537

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

View attachment 223089

Edited image color for my Instagram but this is one of my favorite styles

BEAUTIFUL! I love it!

Bantu knot out

Pretty...I wish I knew about bantu knot outs when I was shorter lengths. My hair is in this award stage so it just doesn't look right on me. I'm going to try it again one day.

HPG

Back